iPod touch Easy Alternative to Restoring an Ipod Touch!

speedy4321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
I downloaded a screw over app because i was bored, and my itouch went into recovery mode. Duh. So, instead of hitting restore on itunes, i went to blackra1n.com, and redownloaded blackra1n. Once it was finished, my itouch asked for my pin code, i entered it, and it was like my itouch was never in recovery!:D

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
What gen ipod do you have? If it's the 3rd gen, your ipod never needed to be restored in the first place, it just got into a state where it rebooted, and needed blackra1n to start it up.

speedy4321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
3g... but still, every other site i go to, everyone's all stupefied trying to think of a way to download winterboard. Hmm... Guess i discovered something already discovered. :eek:

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
3g... but still, every other site i go to, everyone's all stupefied trying to think of a way to download winterboard.
Please do go back to those sites and spread the word that the jailbreak on an ipod touch 3g is a tethered jailbreak, and the first thing everyone should do if it goes into recovery mode is run blackra1n!

I wish Geohot would put something up on his blackra1n.com site about this, not everyone gets there through his blog (http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/), where there is an explanation. :(

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Geohot DID put something in his site about 3G iPod touches being a tethered jailbreak. Read more carefully.
He put it in his BLOG. But if you go directly to blackra1n.com, there's no text there at all, just the links to download the program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.