Easy Alternative to Restoring an Ipod Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by speedy4321, Nov 25, 2009.

1. speedy4321 macrumors newbie

I downloaded a screw over app because i was bored, and my itouch went into recovery mode. Duh. So, instead of hitting restore on itunes, i went to blackra1n.com, and redownloaded blackra1n. Once it was finished, my itouch asked for my pin code, i entered it, and it was like my itouch was never in recovery!:D

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

What gen ipod do you have? If it's the 3rd gen, your ipod never needed to be restored in the first place, it just got into a state where it rebooted, and needed blackra1n to start it up.

3. speedy4321 thread starter macrumors newbie

3g... but still, every other site i go to, everyone's all stupefied trying to think of a way to download winterboard. Hmm... Guess i discovered something already discovered. :eek:

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Please do go back to those sites and spread the word that the jailbreak on an ipod touch 3g is a tethered jailbreak, and the first thing everyone should do if it goes into recovery mode is run blackra1n!

I wish Geohot would put something up on his blackra1n.com site about this, not everyone gets there through his blog (http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/), where there is an explanation. :(

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Geohot DID put something in his site about 3G iPod touches being a tethered jailbreak. Read more carefully.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

He put it in his BLOG. But if you go directly to blackra1n.com, there's no text there at all, just the links to download the program.

7. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

And he also did say that he's not developing an untethered jailbreak for the iPod Touch 3G.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

ChronicDev says they are working on an untethered jailbreak, but who knows if they'll ever actually come up with something.