Easy "fix" for iP4 antenna issue...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by puttputt, Jun 28, 2010.

1. puttputt macrumors regular

I put a small piece of clear adhesive laminate (about 1.25" long) over the antenna gap and the "bar loss problem" is drastically reduced. Now it only drops from 5 bars to 4 if I'm gripping it tightly in my left hand/palm. This laminate is similar to Scotch tape, give it a try!

2. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

this is what the supervisor at Apple told me over the weekend as well. he put scotch tape over his phone so he wouldn't have problems. also suggested nail polish.

3. zoman504 macrumors regular

Just tried a small strip of scotch tape and it appears to be working. I guess we'll see how it holds of for now. If there's no fix in the next few days, I will most likely be exchanging mine for another i4. I think they all exhibit the issue, it's just a matter of your service area, but it's worth a shot.

4. CashDude macrumors regular

Like I'm really going to do this every two days when it starts to peel off from being in my pocket.

5. Badfoot macrumors 6502

6. markbyrn macrumors member

markbyrn

I got the bumper and the signal problem is solved but I'd like to get my $30 back since it's required to make the phone functional. Sent an email prayer to Lord Jobs :apple: to request this but so far no answer.