Easy gif animation

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mcstraycat, Nov 2, 2007.

1. mcstraycat macrumors newbie

I am a relative newby and have a website built with Joomla CMS. I want to improve the looks of my banners by adding a little movement. The easiest way to do that would probably be animated gif files. I know zip about code but I know there is software that will write the code.
    If you agree, would anyone know of some inexpensive software to help me build the animated gif files. Can't spend $600 on photoshop right now.:)
    Or if you know an easier way, I'd love to know that also.

Thanks in advance.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Gimp (which is free) is able to create animated gifs. Just look up a tutorial on it. I've done a few before with it and was fairly easy to do.

4. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

5. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Your avatar always makes me hungry, and I'm not really a fan of apples unless I'm typing on them....and if I'm typing on the fruit, then I am probably drunk, in which case I am a fan of EVERYTHING! :p

6. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

Gimp for simple stuff. I have made several this way.

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Graphic Converter (shareware) can also make animated gifs pretty easily, using the batch processing tool under File > Convert & modify.

Here's a how-to. It's from an older version of Graphic Converter but the steps are the same.