Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
I am running 1.1.4 and need to do a full restore b/c of a problem I am having so I decided to take this opportunity to look into customizing my iPhone. I am just looking for an easy way of doing so, but am overwhelmed with all of the different installers and methods. I used jailbreakme a long time ago and found that quite simple, something of comparable ease would be great. Can anyone please point me to a link that they would recommend which has a good guide and the easiest installation method. Thank you very much.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
ok, that thread is not quite what I'm looking for, but thanks for offering advice nonetheless. As of now I am thinking of going with Ziphone 3.0, do people agree with this particular method?

Lastly, and this is the more important question, once you jailbreak through Ziphone is there a list of custom themes and apps that lives on the iPhone like what I experienced with JailBreakMe? I really have not played around with this much so sorry if that's a dumb question.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
If your ONLY jailbreaking then ZiPhone is fine - if your planning on unlocking using ZiPhone DO NOT!

But yes, ZiPhone will add "installer" like jailbreakme.com did and it still works the same way!

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
@spinstorm, Outstanding, that's exactly the brief and accurate advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.