Easy Movies for your Touch/iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 4DThinker, Feb 24, 2009.

1. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I've just reviewed the Pinnacle Video Transfer device which doesn't require a computer to convert VHS, Camera, DVD, Sat box or cable box content into MP4 movies you can dump directly onto your Touch or iPhone. I've got several PC based programs that will do the job, but never encountered anything so direct and simple to use. I've been converting old camera tapes into movies, and all I have to due play the movie on the camera and just wait as the Pinnacle device makes it into a digital video file. You can do the same with anything on a source that has A/V outputs.

Feel free to check it out. Link in the first sentence. Let me know what you think.

4D

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

That looks really interesting, but rather expensive.

3. 4DThinker thread starter macrumors 68020

True. More capable than any PC based software I've tried though. I picked mine up for essentially $79 after sale price and rebate at newegg.com. It is amazingly simple to use. I found it the best way to get old video tapes into digital form I could play on my PC. It works with any DVD player I've tried with it, my DirecTV SAT receiver, VHS and SVHS tape decks, and two different 8mm video cameras I own. I found 4gb USB thumb drives for $8, and each will hold 2 full length movies before I have to offload them to my PC. You can also plug a USB hard drive into it for recording directly to hard drive storage space.

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I bought one, and retuned it- it was decent for some thing, but some things it wouldn't play right due to format issues, etc. I dont recall what the exact issues were, but it was not perfect. Sorry for a vague review- but it wasn't good enough to keep for me.

I was going to use it to archive all my old video tapes of family movies and such, and it seemed like it would have worked ok for that.

6. 4DThinker thread starter macrumors 68020

I haven't tried it with any commercial tapes, but friends have told me it ignores macrovision.