Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Took a trip to Africa and have a ton of photos I’d like to go through. Assuming I know little about editing what would you recommend? Nothing published for a magazine or anything. Have a lot of them from the my a6500 and my iPhone. Was going to make a boom of the good ones.

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
Took a trip to Africa and have a ton of photos I’d like to go through. Assuming I know little about editing what would you recommend? Nothing published for a magazine or anything. Have a lot of them from the my a6500 and my iPhone. Was going to make a boom of the good ones.

Luminar is pretty cool

Reactions: coachingguy

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Are they RAW or jpg?
What kind of editing do you want to do?
Maybe try the Photos app first…

Reactions: barbu

Big Bad D

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
France
Start with Photos which has many commonly used editing tools, then see what you need?
Affinity Photo is my preference, but often I’ll use Photos for basic editing.

Reactions: ignatius345

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Photos is pretty damn good these days. I have a full version of Photoshop but just as often will edit right in Photos.

It's already installed on your Mac and it does all the edits non-destructively (in other words, you can revert to a previous version).

Just make sure you turn Night Shift and True Tone off before you edit.

Last edited:
Reactions: barbu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.