Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumpylumpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2015
Can you post your wrist sizes for comparison? I have 170mm wrists, and for some reason the 42mm seems extra big to me, but the photos I've seen for other people who have similar sized wrists the watch seems smaller.

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
Thanks... really helped me to decide. I was thinking the 42mm would be to big as all of my mechanical watches are 40mm or smaller but 42mm is definitely the right size even with my small wrist.

rhyme

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
Thanks - very useful. As a woman with average-sized wrists, I had been thinking that even the 38mm might look chunky and nerdy (a lot of the hands-on images online look that way to me, but they are probably mostly 42mm watches), but with the print-outs, I see that the 38mm is an elegant size, and I could even consider the 42mm. :)

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Hi guys. My wrist is 175mm, here's both the printouts. What do people think?

38mm:
rqpeccp.jpg

42mm:
kT73zO5.jpg

Personally I want to like the 42mm because I think the larger screen will simply be easier to use and see when out and about, but I think the 38mm is probably a better fit. Again, I worry the screen is just a bit too small though.

In terms of my personal preferences to watches, I'm definitely of the 'small understated' type - I've never gone for the big watches. However, I'm open to changing my opinion/expectations for smartwatches as clearly a larger screen is more useful.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I think people are going to be surprised how small the 42mm will be in person. A great way to judge the sizes of the Apple watch is to go to the Apple Store app on your phone, bring up the actual case sizes then lay your current watch on top of your screen. The body of my Casio g-shock g-5600kg is actually bigger then the 42mm Apple watch and I thought my g-shock was a pretty small watch. I have 165mm wrists btw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.