Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PokerGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
London
Hi there - am about to put together a new site for a side business I am doing which is Dog Boarding/Dog walking.

I have only a very basic knowledge of website design so ideally want something very simple to use. Am happy to pay for a good piece of software and a professional looking template - something really wow factor.

Any ideas where I should be looking? I took a look at Sandvox but the basic themes and templates were just way too basic looking. I found some nice looking things on Rapidweaver site with some nice templates that didnt seem too expensive.

Like I said I am happy to pay but the main thing is that it looks great and is easy for me to edit/add to.

Any help much appreciated :)

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
For your first web design app, look at RapidWeaver. It has nice templates and you can purchase additional ones. You do not need to know how to write html code.

When and if you want to do and pay more....there is always DreamWeaver. ;)

PokerGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
London
Thanks I have used Dreamweaver in the past but only really to edit existing sites and templates, not to create. I probably only ever used 0.01% of its capability and found most of it just way too confusing.

I just want something very simple to use, but that can have a slick professional looking site. Will experiment more with Rapidweaver and look at some of the templates - are there good RW template sites out there in addition to the ones linked on their own site? I ideally want to also have the same look in my business cards/flyers etc too - is this easy enough to acheive or will I need to hire a designer of some kind?

For your first web design app, look at RapidWeaver. It has nice templates and you can purchase additional ones. You do not need to know how to write html code.

When and if you want to do and pay more....there is always DreamWeaver. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.