Easy upgrade for new iLife 06 users?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lightlord, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Lightlord macrumors newbie

Hi,

Is there any easy upgrade (other than paying $79) for iLife 08 for those who purchased Macs within 30 days or something? :confused:

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

3. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

4. Lightlord thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but this doesn't cover me. Mine is 2 weeks old. Guess I have to shell out another $79 :mad:

I wouldn't have bothered but the new iMovie makes me very curious. Thanks anyway.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

iLife doesn't come with the OS, it comes with the machine or otherwise is purchased retail; In other words, when you buy Leopard, you will not get a free iLife.

Given the name ('08 ;)) I would not expect a new version later this year when Leo comes out.

6. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I technically ordered my MBP on July 19th, but it didn't arrive until August 6th, so I called up Apple and told them about that and the supervisor agreed to let me have the full retail copy of iLife '08 with the Up-To-Date program. If this is your case, I would call up Apple and see if they can do the same for you.

7. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

if you don't mind the hassle, you can return the machine (within 30 days) then order a new one. the new one should come with the new version of iLife

8. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Hey

I just called apple, and the first Customer Relations technician I spoke to told me he could not give me the upgrade, only a 35$ coupon for the apple store. I asked to speak to his supervisor, who did authorize it in the end after a 10 minute wait. So within 10 business days I should have my copy of iLife '08.

9. Lightlord thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats good. When did you actually get your Mac? I assume it would not be greater than 10 days when you called them.