Easy upgrade for new iLife 06 users?

Lightlord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Hi,

Is there any easy upgrade (other than paying $79) for iLife 08 for those who purchased Macs within 30 days or something? :confused:

AmpCoder

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2007
Thanks but this doesn't cover me. Mine is 2 weeks old. Guess I have to shell out another $79 :mad:

I wouldn't have bothered but the new iMovie makes me very curious. Thanks anyway.
I technically ordered my MBP on July 19th, but it didn't arrive until August 6th, so I called up Apple and told them about that and the supervisor agreed to let me have the full retail copy of iLife '08 with the Up-To-Date program. If this is your case, I would call up Apple and see if they can do the same for you.

rhoydotp

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2006
if you don't mind the hassle, you can return the machine (within 30 days) then order a new one. the new one should come with the new version of iLife

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Hey

I just called apple, and the first Customer Relations technician I spoke to told me he could not give me the upgrade, only a 35$ coupon for the apple store. I asked to speak to his supervisor, who did authorize it in the end after a 10 minute wait. So within 10 business days I should have my copy of iLife '08.

Lightlord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Hey

I just called apple, and the first Customer Relations technician I spoke to told me he could not give me the upgrade, only a 35$ coupon for the apple store. I asked to speak to his supervisor, who did authorize it in the end after a 10 minute wait. So within 10 business days I should have my copy of iLife '08.
Thats good. When did you actually get your Mac? I assume it would not be greater than 10 days when you called them.