easy way to migrate OSs from stock drive to SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by konaseema, Jun 25, 2011.

1. konaseema macrumors newbie

I have two partitions in Stock hard drive, Mac OS & Win7. I want to transfer these two partitions to SSD. Occupied size will easily fit to SSD.

I tried CCC, but it says it cannot clone Bootcamp drive. Thanks for the help!

2. Crunch macrumors 6502

Crunch

How do you have your SSD connected? The Boot Camp drive may need to done in a way other than CCC. Time Machine can copy it, but that wouldn't be a mirror which is what I'm guessing you want to accomplish!?

Which SSD drive do you have, by the way? I'm still trying to get mine even recognized by the OS?

3. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

you need to boot using your current install, and run boot camp assistant to partition the SSD as you wanted. Also you will need to use winclone to backup your windows partition to somewhere you can access from the ssd. At this time you would clone your osx partition using CCC. From the SSD osx install you would run winclone to image the bootcamp partition on the SSD.

4. konaseema thread starter macrumors newbie

winclone is discontinued, any other alternates?

I am using Kingston 96GB SSD, it identified fine.

5. schizbomb macrumors 6502

Winclone may be discontinued, but it's last version works fine. For me, at least.

6. Philflow macrumors 65816

Clean install tends to be better for performance then cloning.

7. konaseema thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try, can u please provide steps in how you have done to make it cloned partition bootable?