Easy way to preview Digi Cam TZ7 on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrMister111, Jul 4, 2010.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68010

hi

I have a Panasonic TZ7 and a Apple iMac

I use the video a lot in AVC HD lite format on the TZ7. It has a file structure when viewed in finder of many folders and files. I know its best to back these up as the structure is.

But with pics its easy to see a preview of the pics on what to keep when I'm emptying my SD card, however I cannot preview the video. Obviously I can see the video on my TZ7, but that doesn't help what the files called and how easy to delete it etc.

I know I can import it into iMovie (I have iLife 09), but I don't want to have to do this just to preview the clip to see if I want to keep it or not.

Anything like a preview for Mac available? quick way? and if so how to easy identify how to delete it, or will this have to be done (deletion) on the TZ7?

cheers

2. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68010

Just DL VLC v1.1.0, and it plays the *.mts file directly :)

Still not as convenient as pressing space bar to preview though, anyway to do this more automated rather than opening VLC, open file, find file, press play on VLC?

So nearly there, also need a better way to be able to ID the file and delete it.