Easy way to tell which apps you have purchased?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by docprego, Nov 30, 2008.

1. docprego macrumors 65816

Often I download apps when they are free and then never get around to using them. Then later on I might want to use the app and it will have left free status and the author is charging for it. The issue is that I usually can't remember if I got it when it was free and thus would be a free download again for me or if I will be charged. Once you select buy in the app store if you already own it you re download it at no charge even if it currently is not free, but if you don't already own it you will just be charged the current price and it will download. Is there a way to know quickly if I already own it? Or a way to print a master list of apps you own?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Look at the email you get from the iTunes store.

3. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

You beat me to it by just a few minutes, I was just about to post that I found a solution. It's not elegant but I copied and pasted all my iTunes Store emails into one table in Word and then applied an alphabetical sort. Now I can easily see which apps I have purchased and update the list as those emails roll in.

4. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Go to Itunes, select your account in the top right corner, and there will be a option, saying something like, view all purchases, or something along those lines, click it, and all the apps should be there

5. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

Wow, thanks! I just discovered the purchase history in iTunes thanks to you. Very useful.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

It would be kind of cool if any thing that you had already purchased in the iTMS was grayed out like Nintendo's Wii shop channel does. It would be even cooler if like the Wii channel you could go back and re-download anything you had already purchased.

Hey Apple, hint, hint.;)

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Eh, I guess the install button is the best they want to do. I think it's because they want to make the entire store look fluent and the same.