Easy web page maker software ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UKBeast, Jul 15, 2010.

1. UKBeast macrumors 6502

I am looking for a webpage maker software like iweb but could not find a suitable one, I have tried several templete based software such as rapidweaver and sandvox but i found them too limited to make a custom work.

Dreamerweaver is too complex, I do not have time to all those staff, iweb is ok but just not enough to make a custom work.

Are there any other software to suits my needs ?

2. UKBeast thread starter macrumors 6502

3. snberk103 macrumors 603

I will also add....

Without knowing what kind of website you want to create, it's hard to recommend anything. I would have recommended Sandvox, and find it perfectly adequate for my needs. If you are finding Sandvox limiting you either need to learn more about it, or buy some of the extended templates offered by their design partners, or spend more time learning DreamWeaver.

There is a reason professional web designers can make a living. Complex websites are not easy to create.

4. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I was going to say the same thing about Rapidweaver.

5. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

Any plain text editor will do, can't get easier than that. But if you need somebody to hold your hand, try Rapidweaver. I basically use Dreamweaver as an FTP client now and as a clipboard for copying special character code into my text editor. The best advice is learn CSS/html and start learning CMS, I like Drupal.

6. tmagman macrumors 6502

just a basic WYSIWYG editor like old frontpage- KompoZer is definitely worth trying- http://www.kompozer.net/ ... its a descendant of good old Mozilla NVU.

7. DavoteK macrumors 6502

I'm assuming you've already got web hosting and access to a control panel that allows the creation of SQL databases and that? Have you not tried a Content Management System like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress etc?

Used Joomla a fair bit. Plenty of template sites out there that allow a lot of customisation and are quite quick and easy to get going.

http://demo.rockettheme.com

Used those in the past. Few years worth of designs there and some excellent extensions like their gallery mod or the news display modules.

8. Ifti macrumors 68000

I use Kompozer. A quick and easy to use WYSIWYG editor.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

10. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I use rapidweaver and I second the recommendation of that app