eBay: 16GB iPhone 3GS (White)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tom2847, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom2847 macrumors regular

My phone on ebay. Not sure what I am doing wrong because It's been up for three days or something and I got hardly any views and 0 bids.

Is this too cheap also? I got a guy texting me offering $270. I atleast wanted 300.

2. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

your problem is your trying to sell a 16 gig for the price that the 32 gigs are going for.

3. soonerfan macrumors member

I listed mine last week and hardly had any views let alone any bids until the auction was also over. I think you'll be fine. Just be patient...;)

4. tom2847 thread starter macrumors regular

Is $270 worth it for that phone then?

Should I wait until a "unlock" comes out and sell it for more or should I just sell it for $270.

5. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

also the fact that you have zero feedback doesn't help make a buyer feel comfortable.

6. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

that is my plan just to wait until the os4 jailbreak and unlock are released.

7. iFerd macrumors 6502a

You likely won't have much, if any, action until the last hour or so of the auction. It's nerve wracking, for sure. I don't know about your price or what you are likely to get in the end. I haven't watched iPhone sales since I sold my first generation model a couple of years ago.

This is a very large problem for getting best value for anything this valuable.

8. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

you have been a member since '06 havent brought or sold anything that is a big time red flag to the buyers especially since there are so many other auctions to choose from for the same item.

9. dojoman macrumors 65816

usually ebay people don't bid until last hour of auction closes. Or you can change your auction to 2 day instead of 4-5 days. You won't see much activity until the last day. and it doesn't help that you have 0 feedback. sorry.

10. tom2847 thread starter macrumors regular

You're totally right and I understand. I just don't sell things or buy anything online. How much do you think this phone is worth? I am going on craigslist and texting madd people who are asking for phones. Everyone keeps offering $230-$270. They keep shutting me down when I ask for $300.

I feel $300 is a decent price for a two month old 16 3gs. Someone is texting me now saying $270 final offer, I don't wanna pass it up but then again I feel I should be getting more. No?

11. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Why don't you try selling it in the Marketplace here on the forums?

Oh, that's right you can't get in yet. Which also begs the question as to why you are violating forum rules:

12. coelacanth macrumors 6502

As someone mentioned, you having zero feedback is a big minus for many potencial buyers. I'd never buy anything, especially an iPhone from sellers with zero or even less than 10 feedbacks. I'm not saying your aren't legit, but you gotta understand that this will affect how quickly you can sell and the final price you can get.

Be patient. Add more pictures and conditions in detail, possibly offer refund (you can state it's only possible if the description doesn't match) to make the potential buyers feel more comfortable.

13. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

270 seems about right i watched an ebay auction earlier for a 32gig and it went for 330ish. think when you use craigslist you dont have to pay any fees to ebay or paypal so it is an all cash deal.

if you wait for that unlock you may increase your value 100 or more dollars.

14. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.