eBay 2nd gen Apple TV worth it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KoG506, Oct 9, 2015.

1. KoG506 macrumors member

2. imlovinit macrumors 6502a

imlovinit

Its worth it if you want to use kodi (to watch free stuff) and all. I have jailbroken atv2 (the last atv where you can jb) and we use 1channel frequently and quality is good. Admittedly, I don't take full advantage of having a jb but hey i just want to watch some shows&movies I otherwise couldn't see/find on my big screen. I'm not sure if that price is a good deal or not since I never paid more than retail for mine.

Though I would say getting a jailbroken amazon firestick would be cheaper, if you want it just for using kodi. I believe you can find them between $50-60. Otherwise, ATV2 is excellent for accessing your iTunes library, airplay and all

3. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

If you want to use kodi. i would say get a fire tv. i had an apple tv 2 and jailbroke it but it was super slow for movies and stuff. you can really only use the basic skin if you use an apple tv

4. JackieInCo Suspended

$169? Wow. I still use my ATV2 everyday and I have no plans on buying a new one this year or the foreseeable future.

I jailbroke it once and didn't find it useful so I went back to stock after a few days which it's been ever since.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

It was pretty cool to have a jail broken :apple:tv2 back in 2010 since u could install XBMC. Now it's just really slow to use it for that. FTV works great with Kodi.

6. geekguy123 macrumors member

Buy the new Fire TV 4K and sideload it yourself with Kodi. It's very easy to do.

7. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I sold my atv2 locally for 100 a few weeks ago to get ready for atv4.

Fire tv has kodi, it's fast and works well and was easy to install. I don't use stream sites though, I just use kodi as a player.