Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
On my iPhone 5 which is obviously running iOS 6, I'm not getting any push notifications from the eBay app. Anyone else having the same issue?

I'm also getting the Facebook notification problem that everyone seems to have where notifications work but the sound doesn't play.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
On my iPhone 5 which is obviously running iOS 6, I'm not getting any push notifications from the eBay app. Anyone else having the same issue?

I had an auction running yesterday and got several push notifications throughout the afternoon on my iP5.... so it is working. Maybe delete and reinstall the app then turn off then back on the push notification settings?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Exactly the same problem for me on my iPhone 5. But it works on my ipad 3 (also with iOS6)

I've done the usual remove/install etc but nothing makes it work.

Slate64

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
Notifications won't work on my iPhone 5 either. Somehow works on my iOS 6 iPad 2 even when Im not signed into eBay in the app :/

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Finally fixed it. I had tried everything without success. Even deleting and reinstalling didn't fix it.

What I think made it work was the following:

Delete eBay app
Reboot iPhone
Install eBay app
Login to eBay app with eBay ID
Logout of eBay app
Log back into eBay app with eBay ID

The critical bit seems to be the logging out and back in again. Hopefully it works for everyone else.

Still having major Facebook notification issues though!!!

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Finally fixed it. I had tried everything without success. Even deleting and reinstalling didn't fix it.

Delete eBay app
Reboot iPhone
Install eBay app
Logout of eBay app

The critical bit seems to be the logging out and back in again. Hopefully it works for everyone else.

Thank you! Finally get push notification on eBay! :)

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010

Delete eBay app
Reboot iPhone
Install eBay app
Logout of eBay app

You are correct about the logging in part. I came here to say the same thing. Mine had stopped and logging in and out fixed it.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I need notifications of my items on watch! list,
Im sick to loose items because I forget it... I need notifications or something that alert me 5 min before aution gone,
any help??? plz
Im in iOS7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.