eBay applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ataboc, Oct 15, 2008.

1. ataboc macrumors 6502

2. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

looks fine to me. i mean, look at how many other people bought it hah. don't forget you can get 30% cashback using microsoft live

3. ataboc thread starter macrumors 6502

microsoft live???

4. gnikcjack macrumors member

Does anybody have experience buying applecare from someone other than apple? Does it apply to the new Macbooks? Do you just call to activate?

5. ohemetophobia macrumors member

In all likelihood, it's legit, but I'd still be a little bit hesitant to purchase from anyone other than Apple directly. If you are eligible for the education discount, the AppleCare would only be $189 if you ordered it straight from Apple, which is only $30 more. Might be worth it just to avoid the stress of trying to find a reliable ebay seller.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

There are quite a few vendors on eBay that sell the MacBook/Air AppleCare for US$159.00 with free shipping. I've checked their feedback and they seem to primarily deal with selling copies of AppleCare. I picked one up myself. ;)

7. taff007 macrumors newbie

I purchased applecare from a UK ebay seller for my Macbook for less than than half the usual price. I activated it online using the code supplied with no problems. I guess just check for good feedback.

8. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

Bought applecare on ebay as well. Same exact as buying in store. Don't worry... buy it!

9. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

10. Palliser macrumors regular

There are other threads about this and I replied in one... but I bought my applecare on eBay, came in the box, registered it on the website and I'm set, saved me over $125 from buying in store.

Just be careful, ask questions if unsure and use paypal if possible.

11. lermal macrumors regular

lermal

I've bought AppleCare on eBay as well and saved big time.

12. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I purchased my applecare from Amazon (not amazon merchants) for $199 which is still $50 less than the Apple store. I am 100% sure I can trust Amazon and it is free shipping and no tax too.

13. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I paid $139 for mine from eBay. All you need is the activation code, so I saved the shipping costs and they just emailed the code to me.

The box has a card with the code on, the policy booklet, which can be downloaded from Apple, and a CD which has Tech Tools on it. Tech Tools can also be downloaded from Apple. So the only thing you really need from the box is the code.

Save alot of money and by from eBay.

14. ataboc thread starter macrumors 6502