Ebay batteries...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by forsakengod23, Feb 26, 2011.

1. forsakengod23 macrumors member

Has anyone had any experience with those ? I'm thinking about getting one for my ibook g4 .

Do they last like an original battery and also get as much cycle without fading ?

2. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

"Ebay batteries" is about as general as you can get. There is no ebay brand which is how you make it sound. The people that sell 3rd party batteries sell all different brands and manufacturers products. It all depends on which one you buy.

In my experience with the 3rd party battery market there are a few winners and a whole lot of losers. Your best bet is to buy a new and unused apple original battery off ebay as it should be cheaper than direct from Apple. Not that apple actually makes them but their name is on it and they generally have quality cells in them.

3. jchase2057 macrumors regular

Ive never bought a 3rd party battery but the only person i know with one bought one for his macbook pro and he said its just as good as the original. Like zenstate said though you have winners and losers. Id do some research on the brand of the battery youre lookin at.

4. stroked Suspended

stroked

I went the cheap route, because I didn't want to spend a lot on an old iBook. I followed the instructions, and it only last three hours. I got what I paid for.

5. forsakengod23 thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone know some good places for batteries ? Like the equivalent of crucial but for battery.

Grazie.

6. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state