eBay cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Airboy1466, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

was gonna order a $10.95 package off eBay comes with hard shell rubberized case, screen protector and silicon keyboard protector

Does anyone know how these knock off cases and silicon keyboards compare to the ones at bestbuy I just don't want to waste my money buying garbage

2. Raunien macrumors 6502

Post the ebay link - hard to tell without any information.

3. martinmed macrumors newbie

4. tmarks11 macrumors 6502

The MBA is surprisingly durable, and the case does not scratch easily. Not worth destroying the good looks for the dubious protection of a plastic sheath when the anodized coating holds up so well. I am saying that from the perspective of having a 2010 and 2012 that look good without any protection.

My 2012 actually went flying out of a half zipped up briefcase and slid about 4' across the pavement on its lid (no, not the way I normally treat my electronics). In the process it picked up 4 hairline scratches about 1/8" long that are completely unnoticeable (I thought it was going to be ruined).

5. Airboy1466 thread starter macrumors regular

Airboy1466

Thanks for your review thats the exact same one i was going to order thanks for your review

6. motrek macrumors 68020

Independent of this unfortunate incident, it seems much easier to not drop laptops or bang them around vs. phones. I can easily understand why somebody would want a case for their phone but no idea why they'd want a case for their laptop.

7. Airboy1466 thread starter macrumors regular

Airboy1466

I agree its less likely that a laptop will fall or be scraped but when Im carrying it from class to class it possible something can happen to it whiter its a small scuff from the desk or sliding in and out of bag and i just want to take an extra precaution better safe than sorry