eBay "Desmay slight" Case review with photo's

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dabbler, Oct 6, 2012.

1. dabbler, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

dabbler macrumors member

A lot of people are interested in the Desmay slightcase. Versions of this case are also available on eBay for next to nothing. In other threads people have asked about the eBay versions, well one arrived (a purple one) in the post this morning.

Here is a quick review with photo's to give you all a good idea of this bargain case. This one cost me £1.89 inc P&P.

Pro's
    -Made of PP material - slightly bends, not rigid, appears that it would not crack as easy as plastic.
    -Frosted colours - looks nice
    -Fit - perfect, even covers the chamfered edge on the sides (see con below re top and bottom), not loose, no play, won't fall off or allow large dust/grit particles to get sandwiched between the inside of the case and phone.
    -Light, hardly there, doesn't spoil profile of phone.
    -Thick screen protectors such as the Glas.t would work fine with this case.

Con's
    -Doesn't protect the top or the bottom of the phone at all. This is the biggest let down for me, if only they had continued the sides of the case around to the top and bottom - you can see this easily in the photo's. (Many of the eBay photo's do NOT show the top and bottom)

Conclusion
    Excellent value for money, well made, no sharp edges and a great fit. Let down only by lack of protection for the top and bottom of the phone. I hope they do a design change with top and bottom protection included - if they did, this would be an absolutely amazing case.

Click for larger images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dyzfnctional macrumors regular

I thought there are some on ebay that has the top covered?

3. dabbler thread starter macrumors member

Not that I could find - if there is, perfect, ill hunt for some, please post link if you find any.

4. dyzfnctional macrumors regular

5. bobright macrumors 601

Does anybody know where I can find slim cases like this that are softer rubber?

6. dabbler thread starter macrumors member

7. bobright macrumors 601

I have this case that is why it's misleading to me says TPU but its a hard shell case. I put it on my phone and it scuffed the back tossed it in the trash.

8. parrot5 macrumors 6502

I have the one with the top covered, matte version. Because the plastic is really really thin, be gentle, and you may find that you will stretch it by fitting it on the phone. Give it A FEW DAYS, as long as you were gentle, the plastic eventually "bounces" back somewhat to fit almost perfectly. For $4 I won't complain, considering some sell the same thing for $15, $20.

I have this on since day one. I generally dislike full cases nowadays because I find that they keep moisture between the case and the phone. I like bumpers better and will get the Tech21 Impact Band later. But again, for a few bucks, I'm tempted up buy different colors just for switching out according to mood... Lol

9. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Hey! Really appreciate the review, but I think you should post a link of where you got the case from. I ordered a few .3mm cases off of ebay as well but they look different than yours and might be different materials as well. Yours looks like it's a hard shell, but the one I received is very soft and bendable, and looks moreso like the Desmay ones. I will post the links of the ones I ordered, and I also posted pictures of the one I received in another thread so I will link that as well, and you can compare and see how similar/different they are. Thanks!