eBay Disputes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JBazz, May 4, 2007.

1. JBazz macrumors 6502

Has anyone had any experience dealing with an eBay buyer dispute?

I recently sold my iBook on eBay and the buyer opened a dispute on me. At first she said it was "not as described" and gave the explaination: "While trying to connect in the internet the safari crashed, I tried to get in touched with apple for computer support but I was told that the computer was purchased back in 2003 and I'm not covered with any warranty. They can't help me at all. I'm sending back the computer to you."

But my ad never said it had Apple care. I said it was checked out at the Apple Southlake store and provided the paperwork from the yearly tune up where they erased the hard drive, reinstalled the OS and did a hard ware test. My eBay item number for the ad was 270114771454.

She then escalated it to claim and said it was "internally flawed". I dont understand what is going on. I do not know why Safari quits sometimes, but it happens sometimes on all my macs, even my brand new macbook.

Has anyone been thru the dispute/claim process on eBay? Reading thru the rules, it seems as though she has all the protection and I have almost none. Should I just eat it and refund her money? I did say "all sales final".

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

All sales final.

You described it as working.

Crashing a single applications is not grounds for a claim of not as described.

Make a dispute about her dispute.

Use logic and common sense.

Quote your auction, and it will all end nicely.

If they already sent it back, Im stumped right now, but hopefully they didnt yet.

how did they pay?

honestly, the buyer is an idiot. (1) feedback = complete fool 99% of the time

you have your money, she has crap for feedback, who cares. let them huff n puff and learn a lesson. Dont buy a computer on an auction site if you arent smart enough to know how to use it.

3. JBazz thread starter macrumors 6502

My plan is to not accept delivery if she has shipped it back to me. Until/unless I loose the dispute.

Not sure how she paid but I withdrew the money with my eBay debit card immediately before shipping to her because she was unverified and her address was uncomfirmed.

I have never had a problem with anything I have ever sold on eBay. I honestly think she got frustrated trying to set up the internet access and now she wants her money back. Most cable/DSL companies arent much help for Mac users.

4. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Her complain sounds like complete rubbish. I have never dealt with any porblems selling on eBay, but I think the system will work out for you. I read through your auction, and the buyer has no grounds for dispute. The computer hardware was in working order, and any software problems are an easy fix.

Hope it works out for you.

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

The typical new-to-ebay chose a COMPUTER as one of their first purchases.

And have no idea what ebay is for.

Or what a computer is for.

Or what a warranty is for.

Or ...

and....

they are an idiot.

6. osxnewbe macrumors regular

It sounds as though this person has very little business on a computer. If eBay investiages the claim, they should see that you did in fact provide her with what the auction described...

7. adk macrumors 68000

adk

My advice:

1. Save the page with the auction to your hard drive, this dispute could easily go on for longer than ebay keeps their listings
    2. Stand tall, and don't give in. You, the seller, shouldn't be penalized because she, the buyer, is ignorant.
    3. Next time, don't sell to unverified buyers it will ALWAYS cause less headaches.