Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

eBay today released its long-anticipated Apple Watch app for the online marketplace, just over one month after Apple quietly removed the app from its list of featured Apple Watch apps after failing to launch in April. TechCrunch reports that the eBay for Apple Watch app enables buyers and sellers to receive updates and alerts for items they are tracking on the eBay storefront.

eBay-Apple-Watch-App.jpg

eBay for Apple Watch is broken down into four simple categories that can be accessed from the app's home screen: Activity, Buying, Selling and Watching. Activity provides alerts about auctions that are ending soon, items in which you have been outbid on, items that will be shipping soon and more. Meanwhile, the Buying, Selling and Watching sections are rather self-explanatory.
"Watching is for the items you're keeping tabs on but haven't yet bid on. Buying lets you see an overview of those items you're actively bidding on; and Selling is to track the items you've listed on eBay. Within each of these sections are the key details you would need to know at a glance - like the time left on an auction, the current price, the number of bids, item photos, etc."
eBay for Apple Watch focuses on providing quick at-a-glance information, and enables sellers to quickly reply to messages received from other users, although buyers still have the option to place bids from their wrists in just a few seconds. eBay is also updating its iPhone, iPad and Android apps with user enhancements and regional support for additional payments in Germany and India.

eBay for Apple Watch is free on the App Store and rolling out today. [Direct Link]

Article Link: eBay for Apple Watch Launches Today on App Store

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Did they update the app for iPhone 6 yet?
That's what I'm hoping for most in this update to be honest.

EDIT: Sounds like this is going to be a separate app from the eBay app or is it just me? So we are going to have to have another app on our phone just for the Watch rather than it being bundled with the pre-existing app?

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010

EDIT: Sounds like this is going to be a separate app from the eBay app or is it just me? So we are going to have to have another app on our phone just for the Watch rather than it being bundled with the pre-existing app?

I don't think you're allowed to just have an app for the Apple Watch right now, so it should be bundled with the main app. Yeah, it's pretty insane to me how its taken them so long to update the resolution.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I don't think you're allowed to just have an app for the Apple Watch right now, so it should be bundled with the main app. Yeah, it's pretty insane to me how its taken them so long to update the resolution.
I didn't think so, might just be the way it's worded that made me think it's a new app altogether.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
Wow. I remember way back when widgets were announced for iOS 8, and eBay was demonstrated. I wonder; does this update also have that finally?

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
the eBay for Apple Watch app enables buyers and sellers to receive updates and alerts for items they are tracking on the eBay storefront.

My poor credit card. There'll be no escaping eBay watch list reminders now.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Took eBay 1 1/2 months to support the Watch, 9 months to support the 6/6 Plus, and 21 months to support 64-bit (required by Apple now for updates). Slowest company in the world or not? I thought their app was becoming vaporware for a while there.

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK

Yup! Its FINALLY been updated to use the right amount of pixels.

PJL500

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
Hi, I'm a Mac. And I'm a PC *and* an Apple Watch. Ha, ha.
Why would Apple have a John Hodgman character host the Apple Watch at WWDC? Suicide?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.