ebay help needed

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shiunn, Jun 14, 2008.

1. shiunn macrumors 6502

Hi guys,
    I know this is not exactly an appropriate place to go asking for help, but this forum is one of the most technologically forward that I know. So, if you're free, please help me out. thanks!

I've used ebay and paypal to buy stuffs long time before. But now, I'm selling an item for the first time. The auction has finished, and on the:
    1) auction page, it says, "Payment was initiated on 14-Jun-08 and is being processed through PayPal".
    2) my eBay page, it says
    I am awaiting payment for 1 item.

• I need to leave feedback for 1 item.
      1 item I sold is eligible for a Second Chance Offer.

I have JUST ?verified? my account by adding a direct debit card, and am waiting a few business days until it's done. I am a total nooob when coming to these things. What should I do? I am worried that the buyer has already paid, and I can't deliver the item without receiving payment/address.

2. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

• I believe this is someone on the other end using slower method of payment through paypal- IE Echeck or something like that. Do not ship till the funds verify in your account. Verifying your bank account just lets you be able to do automatic transfers and such.

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Yes, that is absolutely correct. Once the funds clear, both ebay and PayPal will indicate this, and then you can ship. Everything is going exactly as it should.:)

4. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502

5. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502

hi again, quick question again.
    can anyone give me an idea when I should be expecting a payment then? around monday, will you say?

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Maybe, but could take 5 - 7 days, so don't be surprised if it takes a week; that's not uncommon.

7. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

ya, echecks are kind of a pain...

8. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

yeah, but the good thing about paypal is that they tell you what's going on, every step of the way...

9. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502

super confused now

hmm...I was going to ask for major help, and was halfway typing this post when I have another look at my paypal, and saw, Recent Activity, the money has just came in.

But the status is still "uncleared"
    should i just go ahead and post the good now?

10. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

you should wait until its cleared.