Ebay help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GRANTCKING, May 9, 2015.

1. GRANTCKING macrumors regular

hi not an avid ebay user, have bought a few things in the past tho, last night I bid on an iphone 6 16gb for £399, I won the bid and paid for the phone straight away by paypal, I sent the seller an email asking when he will ship the phone, got no reply, thought this was a bit off, just logged into ebay this morning and hes left me the following message

New message from: xlnc143 (32Yellow Star)
    Hi I'm contacting you because I love you by iPhone six from the bid unfortunately I can't do is send you that phone please cancel your bid because the phone has been sold to the other buyer

have never had a problem on ebay before, so what happens here? does he have to give me the phone or can you he choose to not send me it? he hasnt refunded my money to paypal and there was no other bidder, only me, I also stupidly ordered and paid for a spigen case from a different website immediatly after paying for the phone, whats my play here?

2. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

Just file a complaint with eBay and the PayPal funds will instantly be witheld, but it will take a week to get your cash back.

3. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

I would contact Paypal and get your money back immediately. Then order another phone. I stopped using eBay years ago. Too many problems, too many counterfitters, too many rip offs. And eBay has no control over their website. It is the wild west of the Internet. Lots of gold rushes and no lawmen. I buy from Amazon and have no problems with them.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

There is no obligation for the seller to sell to you by law. They do of course have to give you your money back. Send a message demanding it back immediately. If you hear nothing then contact Ebay.

5. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

Contacting eBay is a worthless idea. They have nothing to do with the money. Contact PayPal since they are the ones with your money.

6. GRANTCKING thread starter macrumors regular

sent him a message almost 2 hours ago, hes gone quiet, theres an option for my to cancel the transction in ebay but it doesnt say if I will ge an immediate refund, not willing to do this unless it is an instant refund

7. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I would send the seller another email that you will gladly cancel the transaction once you receive your refund. Don't worry you are protected by eBay and PayPal. You will get your money back.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

eBay and PayPal are in the process of dividing into separate companies so what you say might be true going forward.

It was not however true recently.

A year ago my wife bought a small item that arrived broken. She asked for a refund of a certain portion of the $20 she paid for the item.

The seller's father (not the seller herself) went ballistic. He harrased my wife via email. He then got her private unlisted number and harrassed her by phone. He claimed he was going to sue me, her husband who had nothing to do with the transaction and that he was filing charges with his state attorney.

My wife turned it over to eBay, who fully refunded her money through PayPal after getting a US Postmaster involved.

The vendor and her father were crazy and only eBay stopped him. I can only speculate what eBay did, but in any case we have not been bothered by this nutjob again.

9. GRANTCKING, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015

GRANTCKING thread starter macrumors regular

ok, ive managed to get a refund to my paypal account, still a total joke that he can get away with this, I was clearly the only bidder and he obv wanted/expected more money for the item, also the guy was clearly sitting at his computer and was avoiding my emails as I phoned ebay, the lady on the phone sent him an email and within 2mins he cancelled he order and had my money sent back to paypal

10. mhdena macrumors 6502

Ebay help please

You don't know if he had it for sale somewhere else or not, it happens, you have your money back, relax.

11. GRANTCKING thread starter macrumors regular

nah no way he did imo, an hour before the auction ended I emailed a question about the phone and he replied almost instantly so he was sitting there watching the auction

12. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Ebay own Paypal and the last I looked, disputes have to be done through Ebay.