eBay: How do I change a shipping amount a buyer has entered?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jschultz, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I just sold a guitar on eBay, and didn't have a shipping price listed. I had noted in my auction that it would be a flat fee of $40 to ship, but the seller only added $5 for shipping costs. How can I change this on the order total?

Thanks!

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

other than telling him to pay up, there's not much you can do.

3. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

tell him hes owes you more money before youll ship it, if he doesnt pay refund him less ebay fees and neg feedback him

4. Jschultz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

This seems sort of ridiculous on eBay's part...why would they allow a buyer to type in any old number and pass it off as how it ought to be? On the other hand, the other buyer for my amplifier requested an invoice in which I was allowed to enter shipping costs..etc.

Sheesh!

5. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

umm

I always send invoices before I accept payment from buyers.
    I charge actual shipping to the cent so I kind of have to do that.
    IF it says $40 for shipping on the ebay item description then that is the shipping cost they agreed to pay when they clicked the bid now button.

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Some fool won an auction that stated in HUGE RED LETTERS, do not bid without contacting me (eBay removed the pre-approved bidder list function)...

And arbitrarily, because nowhere did it state shipping costs, gave me their high bid plus $3 for shipping. WTF?

Turned out, this person got really mean when I called them out on their mistakes, emailed me all kinds of nasty things.

So I said f-it and just stopped replying, as I was actually for once being courteous because I still wanted their business.

Turned out further, she was 14. Which definitely put her choice of verbage in perspective. Googling her ebay name got me a myspace page that would choke even a blind man. AnD sHe TaLkEd lIkE dis, man was she a friggen idiot.

I refunded her money subtracting my fees from PP and ebay the first day of our correspondence. 2 weeks later, she asks for a refund. I ignored it.

7. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

goto buyer prefs. Theres a bit that prohibits buyer from changing purchase amount, change that!