eBay Instant Questions...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cricketman, Mar 5, 2011.

  1. Cricketman macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2008
    #1
    Hi

    I am new to the selling stuff online thing and wanted to sell my iPad 1 32GB on eBay Instant for around 360$. However, I have a few questions...

    Do any of you have experience with eBay instant? Any problems I should be aware of?
    Am I required to send them the power cable as well? It was not asked for.... and I can't find it...:p

    Thanks!!
     
  2. deeddawg, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

    deeddawg macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Location:
    US
    #2
    Edit: forget what I posted earlier, I hadn't looked at Ebay Instant and understood what it was.

    It's a sell-to-a-wholesaler program like Gazelle or any of the others. No fees, they pay shipping, buyer is a wholesaler not an individual.

    As to the OP's question, they will ding you if you don't include the accessories. Written right in the Terms and Conditions (which are a GOOD THING TO READ!) it says:
    So, the answer to your question was available to you already if you'd read the T&C. Either expect a quote for less than that $360 after they get your ipad and review it, or get to finding that adapter.
     
  3. No1up macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2009
    #3
    after ebay and paypal, and shipping, you'll come out with $290 or so...
     
  4. No1up macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2009
    #4
    you could CL it, and get $360 cash in hand. or maybe ask for $375?
     
  5. Gryzor macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    #5
    The retail unit ships with a power cable, so if you fail to mention that it will not ship with one (because you want to keep it, let's face it), the buyer has every right to assume that it is included, and raise a dispute if it is not.
     
  6. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

    bpd115

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2003
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #6
    Ebay Instant is different and does not have fees and they pay shipping.
     
  7. No1up macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2009
    #7
    Ah! sounds like a plan amigo.
     
  8. Cricketman thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2008
    #8
    Yeah... i'm not sure many of you guys are familiar with eBay instant.

    http://green.ebay.com/instantsale/

    eBay pairs you up with a buyer, in my case (and in most if not all cases) it is a wholesaler. On the iPad screen, it only asks for the size and the condition of the product. It does not ask 'Are you including power cables with it' or whatever, like it does for other products (like cell phones)

    I looked up my 'buyers' eBay page and they themselves sell the iPads without power adapters... So...

    BTW, what are the usual charges for using ebay and paypal as a seller... thanks
     
  9. deeddawg, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

    deeddawg macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Location:
    US
    #9
    True, it doesn't ask you. However when you reach the checkout page you have to click on "I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE BUYER'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS." When you read those, you'll find the statement:

    That seems pretty clear that they're expecting to receive the power adapter and cable that normally ships with all new ipads.


    Google to the rescue: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller-fees.html

    Roughly 9% ebay, 3% Paypal, total is approximately 12% of final value for auction style listings.
     
  10. CoreyMac macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    #10
    My iPad WiFi 32GB sold this morning on eBay for $425. (Used buy it now option) including original packaging, usb cable, adapter, 1 more year remaining of AppleCare and Apple Case.....eBay/Paypal took $12 commission from the sale leaving me with a grand total of $412 and change.

    ...and it costed me like $2.50 to create the sales page and upload three photos / buy it now option & expanded image mouse overs
     

Share This Page