ebay iPhone 5S: anyone else buying one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JerTheGeek, Nov 17, 2014.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Hello all!
    I'm stoked cause I have finally purchased a used iPhone 5S for my bday this December. Now all I have to do is wait :(:mad:

Anyway, I was able to pick up a 32gb in mint condition with all accesories and original box, for only $360
    I was wondering if anyone else is going this route this holiday season? getting a deal on a lightly used 5s rather than a new one, or rather than a new 6?

2. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

3. Dingado macrumors member

I thought about doing just that, but the fear of buying something that was going to be reported stolen a few months after my purchase simply ruined it for me.

I went ahead and ordered the 6 instead.

But good for you and happy birthday! ;):)

4. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Thanks!
    And yeah there definitely is a risk involved with ebay, but I think the deal is definitely worth it, as long as you find a good seller.

5. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Ditto everything you said, only I didn't order anything just yet. I can't make up my mind between the 5s or the 6 , but either way I'll purchase a new phone rather than used because I'm afraid of getting a stolen device or one that's locked to someone else's account.

6. rich32gb5s macrumors regular

How do you know if you have a good seller? All the best with your new phone.

7. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

High rating, 100% feedback, lots of positive feedback, actual phots of the device rather than stock photos, etc. plus ebay has buyer protectionnwhich makes buying pretty safe.

8. legioxi macrumors 6502a

100% positive feedback over several years.

Normally people who burn are newer accounts with lots of small sales to build up rep. Never had anyone with an account 5+ years old burn me.

9. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I recently bought an iPhone 5s because I prefer the compact form factor.

10. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Same here. I used the iPhone 6 in Best Buy and found it just ever so slightly uncomfortable to use one-handed. I definitely prefer the 5S form factor, and wanted to get another good 2 years usage out of it. Maybe Apple will make an iPhone mini in two years :):)

11. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

I got a 5c 32gb I would recommend asking the seller questions about the phone, if they don't respond, run. I did alright and ended up with a phone that had only 129 charge cycles on the battery.

eBay covers purchases for 180 days now and has buyer protection so I think it's pretty safe.

Guaranteed I am using my new to me phone without service so I have less to worry about when it comes to blacklisted IMEI's

12. ianj1972 macrumors member

got and like my 6 but can't quite bring myself to sell my 64GB 5S.
    I really like the small pocketable size.