eBay item description on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Petoz, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Hi. I have just listed an item on ebay for the first time on my iMac. However, when writing the description there was no option for things like Bold, centred writing etc. Also, when I pasted web links in the description, they did not show up as links in the finished listing. If you have a look at the listing, you may understand what I mean:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280219153595&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=018

Is there something I need to download, or enable, to make things work? It worked fine on my windows laptop, but not on mac. I am a little confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Lau Guest

Hi Petoz,

To format your description on eBay, you need to use some basic HTML. There's a help page here about it.

You just need to add things like <p> at the start of a paragraph and </p> at the end, and <b> at the start of a bold sentence and </b> at the end of it, and so on.

For any future listings, there's also a good program called GarageSale that does it all for you and you can add themes, and so on.

If you go in and edit the listing now, before anyone bids on it, you can change it (it'll just say that you edited it). I think you can also preview the listing before you save the changes as well.

Hope that's helpful.

3. Petoz thread starter macrumors 6502

Petoz

Thanks. That helped. But do you know if there is a way for it to be built in? Like it is when listing from a windows based computer? The ebay edit options just aren't there when i try list from a mac. Thanks again.

4. RosieKins macrumors newbie

It's not the operating system. It's Safari that isn't properly supported by eBay, so if you want the editing tools, use FireFox for OS X for full compatibility with eBay.

Best,
    Rose.

5. Petoz thread starter macrumors 6502

Petoz

Ok. Thanks very much. Got it sorted this time. Will get firefox for any other eBaying i might do. Thanks for the help.

6. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

When selling/listing items on eBay use GarageSale it seems to be the best out there. Oh use FireFox when browsing eBay it looks better and you should get full compatibility.

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Yes, Rosie is right, it's Safari, when I use Firefox the text editor appears when setting up an Ebay auction, when I use Safari it won't show up, sux, I love Safari but can't use it for everything.