Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

eBay today launched a sitewide savings coupon for Father's Day that takes 20 percent off "everything" on the online reseller's storefront, with a few exclusions including coins and paper money, gift cards and coupons, and real estate. Outside of these categories, you're free to apply the 20 percent off coupon to any other items today, including Apple products like the HomePod, down to a price of $252 for a refurbished model.

eBay explained that the coupon PICKDADSGIFT is valid until 7 p.m. PT tonight, June 6, and it applies to the purchase price of eligible item/items in a single transaction, not including shipping, handling, and taxes. That purchase price has to be $50 or more, and the 20 percent discount will be capped at a value of $100. You'll need to be an eBay member with a registered address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America, or the Caribbean to take advantage of the coupon as well.

ebay-fathers-day.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with eBay. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

If you meet the criteria, you can essentially shop in any category (barring exclusions) on eBay to find something that might interest you for the discount. Once you find the item you want and it exceeds $50, click "Buy it Now," and before you complete your order type in PICKDADSGIFT in the "Gift cards, coupons, eBay Bucks" section of the checkout process and hit Apply.

For Apple-related items, the Daily Deals tech section is a good place to browse, and one notable savings compatible with the coupon today is a refurbished HomePod (White and Space Gray) for $252.00, down from $315.00. Sold by VIP Outlet, the refurbished speaker has a "Grade A Fully Functional" ranking, described as "Like New, Retail Ready."

homepod-duo.jpg

More details follow: "Condition has NO cosmetic defects, blemishes, dents, scratches or signs of age. GRADE A items have been restored to meet manufacturer quality standards." VIP Outlet provides a 90-day warranty with all refurbished devices and has a 30-day free return policy. Of course, there are also options for getting a brand new HomePod for around $280, down from the original $350 price tag.

As with any eBay reseller purchase, the savings come with the caveat of buying a device that might not be in brand new condition. Still, today's promo code is compatible across all of eBay, not just its Daily Deals section, so there are many brand new, new, or like new products that you could nab at a discounted price today. Other good browsing ideas include official eBay storefronts for Best Buy, Anker, Mophie, and similar Apple accessory and device sellers.

Head over to eBay to shop, and if you're interested make sure to place your order by tonight at 7 p.m. PT. For more sales information, be sure to visit our Deals Roundup.

Update: As Boatboy24 pointed out in the comments, Best Buy also has a good deal on an open box HomePod, available for $266.12 with the 20 percent off coupon, down from $321.99

Article Link: eBay Launches 20% Off Sitewide Coupon for Father's Day: Get a Refurbished HomePod for $252

acegreen

Cancelled
Jun 25, 2015
Anyone has a link to that refurbished HomePod?

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:

Boatboy24

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2011
1 Infinite Loop
Best Buy's eBay site has them for $321.99. They appear to be new, open-box. With the discount and my VA tax, it brings the price down to $267 (free shipping).

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Does anyone know if I can apply this to an auction (as opposed to buy it now) if an auction ends before 7p?

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana
I saw this on my Twitter feed for getting a PS4 Pro as well for $320. Not a bad deal it seems.
I keep telling myself I'll use the next one of these coupons to do that but still have with my launch day PS4, which turns into a jet engine during God of War.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I keep telling myself I'll use the next one of these coupons to do that but still have with my launch day PS4, which turns into a jet engine during God of War.
Yeah, that's my big hangup. I seem to only play Destiny2 on mine, which doesn't really seem to justify a PS4 Pro. At this price though, it seems like a good time to bite the bullet, and enjoy it. My other worry though is that E3 is next week and with my luck Sony will stealth announce/release a new cheaper PS4 Pro, or announce whatever is next in the Playstation line. :confused:

Return Zero

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
PSA: I got my stereo HomePod pair up and running last week. I highly recommend this setup. The stereo performance with the beamforming is really fantastic. The fact that they are so unobtrusive and elegant makes it even better. Well worth the $500 IMO.

Reactions: SantaFeNM

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana
Yeah, that's my big hangup. I seem to only play Destiny2 on mine, which doesn't really seem to justify a PS4 Pro. At this price though, it seems like a good time to bite the bullet, and enjoy it. My other worry though is that E3 is next week and with my luck Sony will stealth announce/release a new cheaper PS4 Pro, or announce whatever is next in the Playstation line. :confused:
Exactly! I think I read a rumor that said this generation will run through 2020/2021 though? If that's the case I feel like they'd def do a new PS4 Pro of some kind soon... But if it's not this year idk how long I can wait, my old buddy is really struggling. And I got a 4K TV this year so I'm ready :cool:

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Does it concern anyone else about a refurbished HomePod? Who refurbished it? Does Apple even sell refurbished Homepods yet?

That’s what I’m wondering too. I’m a little trigger shy about buying something from “VIP Outlet” on eBay. Perhaps they are good, but I’ve also seen lots of scrupulous selling on eBay and even fake items. That certainly may not be the case here, but it makes me concerned.

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana
Does it concern anyone else about a refurbished HomePod? Who refurbished it? Does Apple even sell refurbished Homepods yet?

That’s what I’m wondering too. I’m a little trigger shy about buying something from “VIP Outlet” on eBay. Perhaps they are good, but I’ve also seen lots of scrupulous selling on eBay and even fake items. That certainly may not be the case here, but it makes me concerned.
Hey guys, just to bring it to your attention if you missed the update (at the bottom of the article): another commenter pointed out an Open Box/Excellent condition HomePod that Best Buy offers for about $266. Not quite as good a deal, but might be an easier purchase for some.

Reactions: Bryan Bowler

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Just wondering, I may bid on an auction closing today, will the coupon apply to those too, or just buy it now listings?

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
BestBuy eBay link - upon entering the code "PICKDADSGIFT" you get "This code can't be applied to your order."

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

They Don’t sell refurbished HomePods yet through Apple, but your other question about who refurbishes them, I would direct that specifically to Apple themselves. I would be willing to believe that only Apple has specific components to the HomePod.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Hey guys, just to bring it to your attention if you missed the update (at the bottom of the article): another commenter pointed out an Open Box/Excellent condition HomePod that Best Buy offers for about $266. Not quite as good a deal, but might be an easier purchase for some.

Thank you very much! After reading your post above, I just ordered a white one from Best Buy's eBay store for $257. I can't wait to pair it with the black HomePod I already own and enjoy stereo sound. Thanks again!

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
I think it’s funny that it’s “off everything” but there are some huge exceptions. So it’s really off of consumer goods. Just wish I had something I wanted to buy. Most of what I would want is in the exclusion areas.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
you almost have to catch and buy things early on before the sellers know a coupon is out and increase the price. I've seen it on some golf things i was watching the last time they did this sale.

theone29

macrumors member
May 6, 2013
I was going to pick one up on eBay with the 20% off but found one locally for $210. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.