eBay MacBook Pro 15 unibody 2.53

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alin, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Alin macrumors newbie

Hello.i want to buy a MacBook Pro 15 unibody 2.53 ghz model. i must pay for the item 1487 euro? is a good deal? I hear this model have problems! is true?

2. xoggyux macrumors 6502

Does not have more problems that the "old" not unibody MBP however when people receive a "good" MBP they usually keep to themselves as when people receive a defective (or rather not perfect one) they say it openly so you are more likely to see someone complaining than someone saying its a great machine.
    Have said that, I would strongly recommend to buy it directly off apple, since that would easy up any further inconvenience you might have, in fact I dont think buying off apple will cost you a lot more 1487 euro ~= 1928 U.S dollar isnt it? thats nearly what it's worth ($1999) furthermore from apple you can get the student discount (if you are not student you could ask a friend or someone you know to buy it for you) which if I recall correctly is ~= $200 (~= 150 euro) though I do not know if thats true for euro countries though.

3. Alin thread starter macrumors newbie

The item is new, sealed box! (he says)
    I was thinking if i find any problem at this computer..i can change it at apple?and as no longer have this model,are compelled to give me the new model with 2.66 !what do you think?

4. genmic macrumors regular

Not likely, unless they can track the item's receipt as being from an Apple store.

5. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

According to the Apple Italy site, a new 2.66 MacBook Pro is 2249 Euros. That sounds like a fantastic deal, and there's no point in spending all that extra money for such a minor speed increase.

6. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

No - they are not compelled to give you a new computer - they will probably just fix it.

Caveat Emptor

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The model he is looking at retailed at $2499, not $1999. However, it also was probably more than $2499 with taxes and such. It was speed-bumped recently, but not by much.

8. Alin thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you all very much.i will buy this from eBay.i hope is a good deal (not only for money)