Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmodi

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2015
Germany
Two times i tried now a "cheap" Milanese Loop.....one 30€ and one 60€.....the biggest problem i faced with both was that the black color was not durable.....after a while both looked horrible. Friends had the same issue with those cheep loops.

I would not expect too much.

There is a good reason that high quality bands cost 10 to 20 times more than your example.....and i do not just mean Apple bands....i mean in general when it comes to watch bands which provide a high quality for several years. You will not get them for that price......

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I just got a black JTech a few days ago, for $25 I really like it. I hope it stays nice after sone use. So far though I'm very pleased

sidefx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Thanks! Just so you know the JEtech store on eBay has milanese bands for 18.99 free shipping! They have no 38mm black ones however...

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Just ordered a black Moko Milanese loop from Amazon for my gold sport. I have The original Apple silver Milanese loop for my main stainless Apple Watch and like it very much. On the fence about spending $200 on the new Apple space black loop for my 'secondary' gold sport Apple Watch, so I'm trying out the $20 Moko. If it's good, then great. If it sucks, then I'm only out $20 (or I return it). If I decide I love the gold sport plus black Milanese combo, but less than satisfied with the Moko, then I'll give another thought to buying the real Apple band.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Anyone have feedback on the best rose gold Milanese loop 3rd party? I see so many out there but its so tough to gauge colors online without real world feedback.

It would be for my wife's rose gold 38mm.

Reactions: ladytonya

sidefx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
The JEtech eBay store got 38mm SG milanese loops back in stock today, placed my order for $18.99. I'll post some pics when it comes in.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I got 4 loops from Moko (Amazon), around $22 each.
Blue, Silver, Brown and Black.

So far (15 days) they seem to be holding well.
Time will tell but they look great, feel great and the magnet is very strong.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Have my JTech black Milanese now for three months and it still looks great. No fading. Magnet is super strong. Best $25 I have spent on a knockoff.

^^^
Indeed.
Two months and it still looks great. Very comfortable to wear all day.
The only thing I hate it's the strong magnet tends to clump the band together when I take it off.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
My 3rd party ebay black milanese had a strong magnet but it did loosen after a while, seemed worse with the heavier SS watch than the lighter Sport...

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I found one on Amazon that looks great with my RG sport, here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016MWND2Q/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The picture on Amazon looks good but I have read that often the color does not match. Do you have an actual picture of the RG ML band on your watch? Also, does the band appear to just be painted RG or is the material that color? My concern with painted bands, especially any type of metal, is that the pain will eventually start chipping or wearing off. I have a RG sport, 38 mm, and would like a ML band for it but keep going back and forth about what to order. I would appreciate a review of the RG if you have received it. Thanks!

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
The picture on Amazon looks good but I have read that often the color does not match. Do you have an actual picture of the RG ML band on your watch? Also, does the band appear to just be painted RG or is the material that color? My concern with painted bands, especially any type of metal, is that the pain will eventually start chipping or wearing off. I have a RG sport, 38 mm, and would like a ML band for it but keep going back and forth about what to order. I would appreciate a review of the RG if you have received it. Thanks!
I posted pics before but I don't remember what thread lol. It think it matches great myself. I'll take some pics later and post them :) I may have reviewed the band on Amazon with pics too but I'm not sure…

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's a couple pics. It doesn't look painted to me, I've worn it quite a bit (it's one of my favorite bands) and haven't had any wearing at all. Hope this helps :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have a MoKo black milanese loop band and its nice. I compared it against Apple's and while apple has a slightly more premium feel to it, and the magnet feels stronger, I'd say its not worth the 150 dollars I'd have to spend to get the same thing I already have.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Thanks for the reviews on these. I ordered a MoKo colorful Milanese loop the other day--really excited to try it out! The photos I've seen have been gorgeous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.