eBay Milanese loop

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by sidefx, Mar 31, 2016.

1. sidefx macrumors regular

2. bmodi macrumors member

bmodi

Two times i tried now a "cheap" Milanese Loop.....one 30€ and one 60€.....the biggest problem i faced with both was that the black color was not durable.....after a while both looked horrible. Friends had the same issue with those cheep loops.

I would not expect too much.

There is a good reason that high quality bands cost 10 to 20 times more than your example.....and i do not just mean Apple bands....i mean in general when it comes to watch bands which provide a high quality for several years. You will not get them for that price......

3. highertechnology macrumors 6502

4. antnee macrumors regular

5. highertechnology macrumors 6502

I know its ridiculous, but 22.99 is not bad. Certainly a BS retail price.

6. bmodi macrumors member

bmodi

29,90 is the Standard Price.....that JTech band for 149 would be "slightly overpriced"

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I just got a black JTech a few days ago, for $25 I really like it. I hope it stays nice after sone use. So far though I'm very pleased

8. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Have my JTech black Milanese now for three months and it still looks great. No fading. Magnet is super strong. Best $25 I have spent on a knockoff.

9. sidefx thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Just so you know the JEtech store on eBay has milanese bands for 18.99 free shipping! They have no 38mm black ones however...

10. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Just ordered a black Moko Milanese loop from Amazon for my gold sport. I have The original Apple silver Milanese loop for my main stainless Apple Watch and like it very much. On the fence about spending $200 on the new Apple space black loop for my 'secondary' gold sport Apple Watch, so I'm trying out the $20 Moko. If it's good, then great. If it sucks, then I'm only out $20 (or I return it). If I decide I love the gold sport plus black Milanese combo, but less than satisfied with the Moko, then I'll give another thought to buying the real Apple band.

11. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Anyone have feedback on the best rose gold Milanese loop 3rd party? I see so many out there but its so tough to gauge colors online without real world feedback.

It would be for my wife's rose gold 38mm.

12. sidefx thread starter macrumors regular

The JEtech eBay store got 38mm SG milanese loops back in stock today, placed my order for $18.99. I'll post some pics when it comes in.

13. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Just pulled the trigger on the JETech Mayonnaise Loop :). Thanks for the heads up. £14.95

14. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

do they have a ketchup flavor too? :eek:

15. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

I found one on Amazon that looks great with my RG sport, here's the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016MWND2Q/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

16. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I got 4 loops from Moko (Amazon), around $22 each.
    Blue, Silver, Brown and Black.

So far (15 days) they seem to be holding well.
    Time will tell but they look great, feel great and the magnet is very strong.

17. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

^^^
    Indeed.
    Two months and it still looks great. Very comfortable to wear all day.
    The only thing I hate it's the strong magnet tends to clump the band together when I take it off.

18. gigaguy macrumors 65816

My 3rd party ebay black milanese had a strong magnet but it did loosen after a while, seemed worse with the heavier SS watch than the lighter Sport...

19. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Magnets... Me too. They're strong.

20. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

The picture on Amazon looks good but I have read that often the color does not match. Do you have an actual picture of the RG ML band on your watch? Also, does the band appear to just be painted RG or is the material that color? My concern with painted bands, especially any type of metal, is that the pain will eventually start chipping or wearing off. I have a RG sport, 38 mm, and would like a ML band for it but keep going back and forth about what to order. I would appreciate a review of the RG if you have received it. Thanks!

21. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

I posted pics before but I don't remember what thread lol. It think it matches great myself. I'll take some pics later and post them :) I may have reviewed the band on Amazon with pics too but I'm not sure…

22. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Here's a couple pics. It doesn't look painted to me, I've worn it quite a bit (it's one of my favorite bands) and haven't had any wearing at all. Hope this helps :)

23. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Oh wow, that looks nice! Thank you for posting, absolutely love the rose gold.

24. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a MoKo black milanese loop band and its nice. I compared it against Apple's and while apple has a slightly more premium feel to it, and the magnet feels stronger, I'd say its not worth the 150 dollars I'd have to spend to get the same thing I already have.

25. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Thanks for the reviews on these. I ordered a MoKo colorful Milanese loop the other day--really excited to try it out! The photos I've seen have been gorgeous.