eBay/Paypal Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by omgshesaboy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. omgshesaboy macrumors member

omgshesaboy

Alright I sold a TV on ebay Last week and I shipped it Via Roadway (freight service cheap and slow). But anyways The TV I sod on ebay was Broken AS/IS and the guy who bought it didnt read the description and after he paid for it and I shipped it must have gone over the description again and realized that it was broken. Before the Item was delivered which it hasnt been yet he filed a paypal dispute blah blah blah. Well paypal decied on the buyer's side (what a surprise lol). the buyer will be issued a refund upon return. He has 10 days to return the item. All of this has happened within the last 2 days and Roadway quoted me up to 2 weeks to deliver the item. If they do take up the next 10 days will i be in the clear and not have to refund the money? or can he do somthing to extend the time. he should have t least waited to get the item before he filed a dispute

I usually dont have a problem with refunds but i should not be held responsible for a buyers stupidity. This thing cost a fortune to ship and do not want to loose that money.

2. omgshesaboy thread starter macrumors member

omgshesaboy

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

How was your ad worded? You have a link to it? Most likely what will happen is he will refuse delivery, which will put the shipping cost back on you.

4. Spizzo macrumors 6502

The buyer has ten days in which to ship the item back to you. It could get there long after the ten days. It's too bad you have to pay for the buyers stupidity. :rolleyes:

5. omgshesaboy thread starter macrumors member

omgshesaboy

what i am asking is if the item doesnt get there in 10 days what happens then cause he cant chip the item back if he doesnt have it

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I am guessing if paypal already sided with him, they will just extend the period. What I would be more worried at this point is having to pay the shipping charges coming back to you if he refuses shipment.

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

This is strange. Call PayPal because usually if your auction states AS-IS, then it's the buyers fault for not reading the auction correctly.

Give us a link to the auction.

8. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

This is (-) stupid! This is why I don't deal with eBay and PayPal anymore. I used to be a good seller and had a PayPal card and everything. But it's all this (-) that the sellers have put up with. If it weren't for the sellers there would not be an eBay or PayPal. The sellers are the bread and butter.

My friend is usually with PayPal on most everything and he says the Buyers are what makes eBay. Well if that were true then why isn't eBay another Amazon or something like that? This is one of the few things him and I never see eye to eye on.

PayPal is (-) stupid and should have a better case evaluation. It's the sellers that have to go through all this crap for these dumb(-) buyers who don't read stuff. And of course the buyers take it with a grain of salt so they don't seem to learn much from it.

I would call PayPal and give them some freshly made (-). Don't email them, you will never hear back unless it involves you giving money to them in some form or another. Once they started holding funds for the sellers until the buyer "got" the item, that was the last straw! :mad: