EBay people

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sUGArDawg, Jul 27, 2008.

1. sUGArDawg macrumors regular

sUGArDawg

I wish there was a way to virtually slap these nincompoops STILL bidding upwards of $700...$800 for an IPhone 3G...

Are they REALLY that stupid? Do they not know >95% of Apple stores have them in-stock right now?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

if they are on ebay, they dont need a contract...

3. sUGArDawg thread starter macrumors regular

sUGArDawg

4. aosman macrumors 6502

I guess it is. I found some on craigslist for $650

5. sUGArDawg thread starter macrumors regular

sUGArDawg

There are also a few on there that are listing as being with AT&T...still going for $700

Stay in school, kids...stay in school

6. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

If you didn't want an iphone on at&t you could sign up for a new iphone on at&t, so 200 plus activation plus 1 month of service, then pay 175 to cancel it. it wouldnt be more than 500 dollars, and you could probably get the activation fee waived.

7. Mattwood macrumors member

Mattwood

you forget about the people who can not pass a credit check although they have the money for a handset, and also the people who want the handset but don't want to have a contract at the moment... 2 seconds of rational thinking would have throught that!!!

:eek:

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

ebay not a good place to buy hot items like iphone 3g

Seriously the most anyone should pay for a 16GB iphone 3g is $700 (that's the retail no comittment price) whenever ATT decides to sell.

Some ebay people make fake accounts and have their friend bid up the final price hoping to get higher prices.

Last and not least, let's not forget our Europe counterparts bidding on the Apple iPhone with their stronger Euro's. A 800 dollar iphone is about 500 euro which for a no contract phone is a decent deal and u know they will unlock it very soon.

I sold one of my white iphone 16GB for $700 on craigslist yesterday. That's a fair price (my wife didn't like the iphone and went back to a blackberry). I gave her the $380 profit to go shopping. There are some idiots still trying to sell on craigslist for 850/900. They keep relisting them over and over again but nobody is going to pay for those prices.

9. gtg941f macrumors newbie

I sold my unlocked Tilt on ebay and then used the money to get a 3G. Since I wasn't upgrade eligible, it cost $540 WITH a two year contract. If spending that much, what's the big deal with spending a couple hundred more to NOT have a contract. On second thought, I think it's potentially worth it and almost wish I went that route.

10. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

people on ebay are pretty stupid
    i just sold my 1st gen 8gig iphone for $1009

11. gtqi macrumors newbie

can someone who bought an iphone on ebay go to any apple store in the U,S with the original receipt in hand and exchange it for a new one, in case that there is something wrong with the phone within the first year of warranty even he is not the guy who bought it personally and signed the 2 years contract?

12. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Not really, you will need to activate your replacement iPhone from the Apple Store when you get the replacement.

13. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

this is what I do not get. Brand new they are only 600 right!?

14. CrosshairDF2 macrumors member

I agree that the majority of the buyers bidding up the prices on eBay are from overseas, from places where they don't sell them yet or are priced more than the USA. If you look at the listings, some say " Will Ship Worldwide!", "Worldwide Shipping" or "International Shipping".

I believe Apple and AT&T cannot account for a large number of 1st gen iPhones that were sold and are not signed up with AT&T for cell service.