EBAY pre-orders ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjerald, Jun 10, 2008.

1. mjerald macrumors newbie

Just curious , How is it that the 3G is pre-order all over EBAY ?

Don't they have to be activated by the buyer at the time of purchase ?

I mean if not, then why no online apple store sales ?

MJ

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

They do have to be activated, but that is with a SIM card, not the physical phone itself.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

Ebay sellers expect to be able to walk into the store on release day and buy multiple phones. So before that, they'll try to sell them for more than what they're worth, but this will be a huge failure seeing as the phones will need to be activated in the store. I hope that they're ready for lots of negative feedback.

4. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

or just maybe they have a way to get them. There will be ways around this.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

so i'm assuming that apple will have some kind of activation at checkout type of deal set up for those buying it from the online store.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Something tells me that the ebay scalpers will have trouble finding these exploits when they have to ship them on the day after launch. They don't have a way to get them as of now, I can promise you that.

As of right now, many are speculating that it won't even be for sale online. Such as engadget.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/06/09/iphone-3g-purchase-and-activation-will-be-in-store-only/

7. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

Do you know the "ebay scalpers"? no..so you dont really know if they have a way to get them.
    yea, there will be the dumb sellers that really think they can just go buy them...and resell.. but theres others w/ inside info on getting them bypassed.