EBay: Prices, suggestion experienced advice needed [Chapter II]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Jul 27, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Well after posting some threads about other issues regarding ebay and analizing how ebay is behaving i want to get some suggestions from experienced people.

Ok since july 11th i am checking how the 3g sell are behaving and i wanted to buy an 16gb iphone from ebay since in here is not available and wont be available. Work starts on the 10th of august and i wanted one ready before that, so i think the time to ask for advice has come so please answer me the following questions in detail i will be very grateful:

-At the start they were selling for $1200 +-, now some day back they start selling to 700-800 and the sealed ones for $800-900. I am interested on a sealed one. How much time you think it will drop and stabilize and what price you think it will stabilize? <--- this is the main theme of the thread.

-----

Dont flood the thread with this one but things i must watch out on buying on ebay so secure a safe buying. <--- answer this after the first one is openly disccused already.

NOTE: Not talking about unlocks and nothing so dont put them in this thread... I already got solve that problem...

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

They are going to hover around that price until the 10th. I'm 97% positive.

The lowest price of one more than likely wouldn't go under $600, so to be safe, i would try to find a $700 one now and just buy it so you have it in time.

3. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah thats what i what i am waiting to drop to 600-650. Still i will wait if it dont drop.

Or maybe it will drop more or stabilize at another amount, looking for more suggestion and the why of your suggestions!

4. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

i just got $1009 for my ORIGINAL iPhone (not 3g)
    so you might have to wait a while to get one on ebay for cheap

5. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

wow you got lucky but cool for you, still right now they are selling for less. still looking a backed up prediction.

If not before the 10th but when stabilizes what you think are going to be the prices?

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

anyone with experience on this to give some predictions

7. aneftp macrumors 601

You can kinda of tell on craigslist on which sellers are willing to unload their iphone 3g's

I had a guy come down from his ridiculous 850 initial offer for the iphone 16GB. I got him down all the way to 650. I ended up calling off the deal cause my black 16GB finally shipped from ATT DF.

It's just a matter where you live and how many iphone 3g's are onsale at a particular time.

I'm in Florida right now. My friend's in Washington DC tell me the prices are going down there. Some guy offered his 16GB black for $600 straight up this weekend.

Once ATT offers the no commitment 599/699 pricing to everyone, the prices will really go down.

The time to unload the iphone 3g is right now and everyday that passes, your selling power goes down.

August 10th, that's a long way away in the ebay/craigslist world. I would sit tight and see what kind of deal is out there.

With Ebay you are not only competing with US people but also against Europeans whose Euro's are stronger than the american dollar so the prices seem a little cheaper to them than us.

8. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

This is an interesting reply, I never used craiglist maybe you can help me a little tips or suggestion or maybe how it works?

9. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Also more experience will be apreciated on the ebay issue.

10. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502