Ebay Prices

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by fedup flyer, Dec 14, 2008.

1. fedup flyer macrumors regular

I just cant get over the prices that Apple Tvs are selling for on Ebay. The last few used ones that I have been tracking have sold in excess of $180 when a new one from Apple is going for $220. Back in Oct they were going for around $130. Even an unknown possibly broken unit went for $125. Unreal. I am actually trying to get my hands on one with maybe a broken HD or one that is out of warranty as the first thing I am gonna do is put in a bigger HD. Guess I will have to wait until after the Christmas rush when folks decide to get rid of 'em. Hopefully I can find a bargain.

2. paduck macrumors 6502

I got one this summer for about $60 delivered on eBay. It was just the unit, no power cord or remote, but everything worked and I had the additional parts. I slapped in the 250GB drive and the whole deal cost me less than $160. Maybe it is time to turn it around on eBay?

If I were you, I would just be patient. It took awhile for me to find one at the price I was willing to pay. I missed a few by just a couple of dollars. You won't get one that is new though...

3. yancey47 macrumors regular

i got mine a month ago for 130. SO THERE IS HOPE.

4. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

Just keep searching, you'll be able to get a decent discount at some point as others have said. I'm sure that some of those units are going to happy little modders trying their hand at making a sweet new creation!

5. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Word, got mine for $80!

6. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

I bought mine new in store for $104, there are deals to be had.

7. tobi-wan-kenobi macrumors newbie

Where?

Great Deal, congrats !