Ebay problems with my iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by danmc00, Dec 4, 2009.

1. danmc00 macrumors regular

I am new to the iMac and I am having problems putting things up on Ebay. Everything works just fine until I get to the description. The font is small and I can't even skip lines using enter. All I can do is type in a straight line.
    On my PC, I could make it bold, change font, color, and sizing. What am I doing wrong?
    Is there some setting I am missing?

2. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Go into your preferences and increase the font size to your liking.
    Safari>Preferences

Or in Firefox>Preferences

Attached Files:

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

My brother in law always makes this comment.

As yet, I've not found a way round it other than using iSale (which is really good)

The problem lies with eBay itself by using that type of edit palette I think.

4. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

So there's really no way to change the color or make something bold using Safari?

5. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

It's a compatibility issue with Safari and the eBay item description editor. It only allows you to edit using HTML code instead of the full editor. Download FireFox and use that instead for your eBay listings.

6. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

Yes you can change the color or make something bold while editing the listing in Safari but you're going to it by HTML code instead of the easy way of clicking and selecting bold or a different color in the full editor. FireFox for Mac is compatible with the eBay editor so use it instead.

7. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

hmm i have no problem with ebay on my eMac i use camino browser and it just works like it did when i used windows and internet explorer
    so i can only guess your settings are wrong :rolleyes: