Ebay Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jriddel, Nov 7, 2008.

1. jriddel macrumors newbie

Ok I'm about to get a student loan and I am in need of a laptop. I have decided that for my needs I am going to get the base model of the MBP. The best deal I can find is on ebay and was wondering how it all works with the warranty.

If I buy off of ebay and I have one of these MBP with these defects how does my warranty work? Do I have to send it to apple? Is it a risk I take with buying off of ebay? I just don't want to drop almost 2k on a MBP on ebay... (i can get it for like 1600) just to have it messed up and not have apple exchange it for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

Apple covers products for one year after the original purchase from Apple. It doesn't matter where you buy it.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not sure what kind of savings you are look at, but eBay is fine if you find the right MBP. Check the serial number and determine if it is within the one year warranty period, and if it is, then you can purchase AppleCare to extend the warranty an additional two years. Normally, AppleCare will send you a box to ship it for repair or service and it should be picked up within 24 hours of receipt of the box.

You might take a look at the Apple Store Online and checkout the Refurbished MBP. You are getting a great MBP with the one year warranty at a great price. Good Luck! :cool: