ebay removed my iphone listing because it was jailbroken!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by twisted-pixel, May 28, 2010.

1. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

does that sound right? anyone else experienced that??

2. trssho macrumors 6502

Is that what they said, or what you assume. There are a ton of them on there, including mine. Maybe you mentioned cracked apps? Wouldn't think that would matter either.

3. twisted-pixel thread starter macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

he 'suspect's it's because I said the phone was jailbroken but needs to check with the policy experts

all I said in the listing was that the phone was running 3.1.3 and was jailbroken...that's it!! no mention of apps, or anything

there are currently 103 iphones on ebay (UK) listed as being jailbroken!

he says it will take 48 business hours to get back to me...

4. trssho macrumors 6502

Ebay is half of what it used to be. It's 10% fee is crap! If I sell my iPhone for $550, I am going to have to pay eBay $60. For what??? It's my phone, and I have to ship it myself. Then of course Paypal gets theirs, which is also owned by ebay. If Google jumped into the online auction business, and charged a fair rate, eBay would be squashed. I hope something comes along and dethrones those greedy bastards at eBay!

5. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

That's why I like Craigslist more. But you just have to be a big more cautious on Craigslist.

6. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Eh, just pack heat when you do the "deal". A more legal option would be to do it in public w/ cameras, without the gun.

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

8. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah, whenever I do a "local" deal, I ask to meet at the local police station parking lot.

None of my deals are illegal, so there is no issues doing it in front of the coppers.

9. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Pshh, broaden your horizons dude! It's more thrilling when it's illegal!
    jk :)

10. California King macrumors 65816

LOL, genius!

11. chelsea.tone macrumors regular

chelsea.tone

I always sell/buy/trade on another forum i use, much easier and no fee's :D

12. twisted-pixel thread starter macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

here is ebays explanation from their policy experts

Unauthorised copies of copyrighted works are not permitted on eBay. The copyright holder owns the rights to the works and their distribution, so selling copies without the copyright holder's consent may expose you to legal liability

it was supicious due to listing saying "...3.1.3 firmware and has been jailbroken"

there are currently 124 items listed as jailbroken, and ebay were unable to explain their policy to me

they are going to relist the item however

13. ReggieSmith macrumors newbie

ReggieSmith

1- I use CraigList and deal with local buyers. Usually meet at a McDonald's or something with a lot of people and during the day.

2- the last few iPhones I sold I reset back to factory specs, software, etc. If they want it jailbroken they will know how and can do it themselves. That way it worked as designed when sold. After that, any problems are on them. :p