Ebay resolution

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac'nCheese, May 27, 2012.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Just wondering what to expect in my ebay case that I just escalated. I tried to find some clear guide lines on ebay but damn if that site isn't as black and white as it should be. Anyway, I paid 8 bucks plus 20 s&h for a used vcr. When it arrived, the seller did not package it correctly and the part where the tape goes was filled with the packaging peanuts. I took them all out (I think), hooked it up and it would pass the cable tv signal to the tv and it sounded like the tapes were playing properly but I had no signal on the tv. I even switched tapes and wires. Anyway, I complained to the seller and he didn't write back. I waited the 2 days plus you are supposed to and opened a case. He then offered by the 8 bucks back and I can keep the broken unit. Is this normal? Someone sends something that gets damaged in transit and doesn't offer a full refund? I escalated the case but was curious to hear from other buyers/sellers about this.

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Unfortunately, they are giving you a full refund. You paid $8 for the item. They're refunding $8.

Shipping costs are a whole different story. The seller is not in any way obliged to refund shipping charges. No online business that I know of refunds shipping fees.

It sucks, because it sounds to me like the seller overcharged you for shipping, but the fact is you agreed to it and that's that. I doubt you'll get any more than the $8 refund.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

In the time it took me to write this post, seller refunded all the money. Maybe because as u said s&h was pretty high. Maybe just a good seller. Who knows? Alls well that ends well.

4. kaielement macrumors 65816

My question is did you make sure your tv was on the right channel most vcrs have a switch that can change it from one channel to another. Other then that why are we talking about a vcr maybe it's a sign to up grade to a dvd or maybe a blu-ray player lol

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yup. I tried flipping the switch and used both channels and even used RCA cables. We have a lot of old Disney tapes that were for the kids playroom.

6. kaielement macrumors 65816

cool I was just trying to help and sorry if I came off a bit of a douche I was kind of kidding well good luck

7. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Not at all. Appreciate the help.