Ebay resolution

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Just wondering what to expect in my ebay case that I just escalated. I tried to find some clear guide lines on ebay but damn if that site isn't as black and white as it should be. Anyway, I paid 8 bucks plus 20 s&h for a used vcr. When it arrived, the seller did not package it correctly and the part where the tape goes was filled with the packaging peanuts. I took them all out (I think), hooked it up and it would pass the cable tv signal to the tv and it sounded like the tapes were playing properly but I had no signal on the tv. I even switched tapes and wires. Anyway, I complained to the seller and he didn't write back. I waited the 2 days plus you are supposed to and opened a case. He then offered by the 8 bucks back and I can keep the broken unit. Is this normal? Someone sends something that gets damaged in transit and doesn't offer a full refund? I escalated the case but was curious to hear from other buyers/sellers about this.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Unfortunately, they are giving you a full refund. You paid $8 for the item. They're refunding $8.

Shipping costs are a whole different story. The seller is not in any way obliged to refund shipping charges. No online business that I know of refunds shipping fees.

It sucks, because it sounds to me like the seller overcharged you for shipping, but the fact is you agreed to it and that's that. I doubt you'll get any more than the $8 refund.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
In the time it took me to write this post, seller refunded all the money. Maybe because as u said s&h was pretty high. Maybe just a good seller. Who knows? Alls well that ends well.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
My question is did you make sure your tv was on the right channel most vcrs have a switch that can change it from one channel to another. Other then that why are we talking about a vcr maybe it's a sign to up grade to a dvd or maybe a blu-ray player lol

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
My question is did you make sure your tv was on the right channel most vcrs have a switch that can change it from one channel to another. Other then that why are we talking about a vcr maybe it's a sign to up grade to a dvd or maybe a blu-ray player lol
Yup. I tried flipping the switch and used both channels and even used RCA cables. We have a lot of old Disney tapes that were for the kids playroom.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Yup. I tried flipping the switch and used both channels and even used RCA cables. We have a lot of old Disney tapes that were for the kids playroom.
cool I was just trying to help and sorry if I came off a bit of a douche I was kind of kidding well good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.