Ebay Screen protector recommendations?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by McJUG, Oct 27, 2010.

1. McJUG macrumors newbie

There are tons of cheap screen protectors on Ebay, it's ridiculous! Has anyone tried more than one brand and could recommend one over another, or has anyone tried one that was awesome? I really don't want to spend $10 - $15 on one when I can get 2 - 6 for less than half the price.

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

i got a 12pk for like $3 shipped, they work just fine.

3. jLp-PR macrumors regular

I recommend Monoprice shields. Less than $1 each and their service is unrivaled.

4. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

I've been using the Stealth Guard its 2.50$ shipped for the front and back and it works well.

I ordered another one as my el-cheapo ebay case lifted the protector off..

5. princesultan macrumors regular

6. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

As someone who's used dozens over the years, I recommend none of them. Really. Just about all of them are very cheap and thin, and are very easily scratched up to the point where they need replacement.

You have to view it as an investment. The ebay ones are cheap but do not last. IMO, it's worth it in the long run to spend the $10-15 on a quality screen protector from StealthGuard, Wrapsol, or others. Those ones will likely last for a year or so.

7. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

The the Stealth Guards are 15$ usually but currently their 2.50$ shipped.. There is a big thread about them on here..

Their well worth the money!

8. yankintx macrumors 6502

An investment? I disagree with ya. Just because they cost more doesn't make them better. I have been using a stealth guard, and it is every bit as durable at the zagg skins I used to use. I have tried many brands, and after all the expensive packaging and marketing, you get a cheap piece of plastic.

Thayer are now a commodity and are available for pennies each.

9. McJUG thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats the thing. There are so many out there, I saw some for .01 with free shipping. That doesn't even make sense. I'm sure some of them are total crap but not all of them. I got one at a five below store near me for .99. I need to replace it 4 months later but who cares.

10. Ess.Pee macrumors newbie

For me it's either Martin Fields, or Brando screen protectors every time. Currently I have front and back protector by Brando on my iPhone and you wouldn't even know it's on, and lasts.

11. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

12. McJUG thread starter macrumors newbie

The Martin Fields and the Brando screen protectors cost more than the eBay protectors I was talking about. I wanted to know if anyone had tried more than one brand from an eBay supplier and preferred one over the other.

13. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

14. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

15. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Anyone got some links to some good front and back ebay screen protectors as a combo?

16. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

17. McJUG thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought a set of six of the ones Pez555 recommended. They look good and he swears by them so I though I would give it a shot. About $10.00 shipped from UK.

18. jouh macrumors member

I've also ordered and recieved them today. I must say the packaging didn't give any good impression. Almost don't want to rip off my current ebay-SP and put these on.

19. McJUG thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't be fooled by the packaging! I have had one of these on for about two weeks and I can say confidently that it is the best "no name" screen protector I have used to date. It is crystal clear, thinner than I expected and best of all finger prints wipe off easily. So far I am very pleased.

20. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

yep.

the only problem i think they have at the moment is the cutout for the earpiece is a bit too big for my liking.

I have had my current one on since august when i got the phone and it has zero scratches on it (i have tested it under strong light also).

21. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

I bought the 6 pack front and back shields from ebay for £4.. 2 months later and the front shield is still there, a few scratches have appeared on it, but nothing to make me change it for a new shield... Only thing is there is no hole cut out for the front facing camera, but actually does not make any difference that I have noticed...

22. McJUG thread starter macrumors newbie

The cut out for the ear piece is not exact, but I don't think it is oversized by any means. There is no cut out for the camera but I have tested this myself and there is no noticable difference on or off. I am constantly rubbing the phone on my shirt and that has caused fine scratching on other screen protectors, but not these.

23. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

yea i dont get all the fuss about having a cut out for the front facing camera - you dont need one. id much prefer not to have a cut out anyway (less chance of scratching the screen & less hassle having to clean it out due to dust getting caught in the hole).

24. gnychis macrumors 6502

anything as clear as SGP or PS Crystal skins?