Ebay Screen Protectors: Recommendations?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chormadito, Aug 21, 2010.

1. chormadito macrumors newbie

So I'm sure many of you guys have gotten the ebay screen protectors because they are really cheap in price. I have read many complaints about you get what you pay for. To be honest, I just want a simple screen protector that will get the job done.

There are so much people selling the sp on ebay that I don't even know which one is the best. So for anyone who has gotten some off ebay... which one did you get and can you rate it from 1-10? 10 being the highest.

Please let me know which seller you got it from too and the price.

I appreciate any advice!

thanks

2. cvd macrumors member

Go read this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=993273

Then buy the PowerSupport screen protector for $16 with free shipping because it's about 100x better than cheap Ebay protectors but still only $16.

And, if for some reason you can't afford $16, sell your iPhone and start filling out job applications.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Most of the cheapos are pretty much the same thing despite the seller. Bought 4 99c ones from different people and they are all the same.

As has been pointed out in another thread Stealth Guards are giving out free protectors that seem comparable to ZAGG. Just installed mine, waiting for it to dry before I can give a verdict.

4. chormadito thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i also was thinking to get the powersupport.

About the stealth guard. This might be a nooby question, but why is that brand selling all there sp for free? Doesn't it sound fishy? Are they trying to promote their brand because they are new to the business?

5. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Depending on how much it costs them to make them they are still profiting because they are charging about $3 shipping and sending in a plain envelope. It is raising brand awareness and making money. ;)

6. chormadito thread starter macrumors newbie

no one has gotten any ebay protectors? The reason why I plan on getting something cheap and useable is because I plan on cutting it to fit my case. I know that the case I have now will not fit with a sp, so I plan on trimming it. I dont want to spend $16-30 on something I will trim. I want to test it out on one of the cheap ones first.

Thanks

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

8. daemonite macrumors member

I use one, it works fine, keeps my screen protected, and if it scratches I have 6 more.

9. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I bought them as I said. They are okay, but it is well worth paying a bit more. The $1 covers I got peel up really easily, even on their own.

10. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

That's insane. I've tried PS and SGP, and I like the SGP better (crystal and oleo). Both companies make quality screen protectors.

11. ipadder macrumors regular

Even though the price may be higher, get from a US seller. Faster shipping, better communication, less headaches.

12. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If you simply want something to slap on there, then get one of the eBay SP's. As they say, you'll get what you pay for so don't expect perfection by any means. I recently purchased a 6 pack of front/back screen protectors and ALL of them were messed up. They came in an envelope but all of the SP's were warped so none of them stuck properly to the phone. While the clarity on these is pretty much on par with any other SP, it's the cut/fit that's lacking with most of these eBay SP's.

If you're not willing to pony up $10, $20 for a single SP, then eBay is the way to go. If you want something that's good and will last, then spend a little extra and get PowerSupport or ZAGG or whatever. Also, for sake of ease, I'd recommend getting a SP that's a dry install, not a wet one.

13. molala macrumors 6502a

14. volks88 macrumors member

I just installed these for my wife. They are from ebay. It is front and back. They are crystal clear, you couldn't even tell it's there. I bought some power support protectors only because they were on sale. They are still sitting in there package because these are that good. No orange peel what so ever. Here's the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370402843019

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

1. You messed up your link lol.
    2. Whats the back camera/flash hole look like? Can you do like a zoom pic of it? Does it interfere with flash?