Ebay Selling Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBigKing, Oct 18, 2011.

1. TheBigKing, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

i sell an iphone 4 factory unlocked and the buyer says that's it's scratched i put the original pic of the iphone on the auction and the phone arrived on oct 3 and he contact me today that it's scratched i think that he scratched it and open a case on ebay that want the money back i say that i send on sep 29 and arrived to it on oct 4 and i thinks that he want to get the money back to get the 4s what i have to do ?:confused:

2. staeit macrumors member

lol at a first glance I saw "Baby selling question"

3. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

why baby ? i sell many item's and have 100% feedback but never happed this to me if u don't have a concrete opinion don't post v.v

4. Uabcar macrumors 6502

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It is a chance you always take.

What was your warranty in the auction?

If you have real good feedback eBay might rule in your favor. If not then you will likely have to accept the return and or suffer negative feedback. Just remember in the end that eBay can have PayPal TAKE the money from your account if you do not abide by their rules.

6. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

yea i know i have 100% of feedback but if i buy a item and it's really scratched i contact the seller the second day of arrived to me or the one and he contact me about two weeks later

----------

fixed it:rolleyes: lol

----------

i put no returns accepted but it's covered by ebay buyer protection

7. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Fact of the matter is that eBay almost never finds in favor of the seller. If you value your feedback rating, the only choice you have is to take it back (regardless of your stated policy). It's one of the risks of selling on eBay.

8. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

this is the original pic on the auction

Attached Files:

9. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Just that one picture? You can't see the front of the phone, and you really couldn't tell if there's a scratch on the back from just that one picture.
    eBay is horrible, and will almost never rule in the seller's favor. Just take it back and sell it to someone else. The only thing you have going for you is that he waited so long to contact you about this "scratch".

10. kalex macrumors 65816

You are screwed. Ebay is filled with this garbage. They always rule in favor of buyer and sellers have no protection what so ever. You could follow every one of their demands but all the buyer has to do is file a dispute of item not as described and ebay will rule in their favor. Good luck

11. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

it's i lost the case on ebay what i have to to the buyer send me the phone first to get he's money back ?

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I think it is MORE than reasonable that eBay might rule in YOUR favor due to the amount of time it took for the buyer to make a claim. If it WAS scratched, you should have been notified within 48 hours.

I would make sure all of your comments to the buyer are over the official eBay mail system and challenge this.

I have over 500 eBay sales and not had any major problems other than a few buyer who did not know how the rules work.

13. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

he says that the back it's scratched and here it's the pic

Attached Files:

14. TheBigKing, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011

TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

yea i know but he contact me the get a refund today and the iphone arrived to it on oct 3:eek

15. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Ask the buyer WHY he/she waited over a month.

I think the time limit is 45 days but I would ask why?

16. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Have the buyer mail it back to you and give him a refund. Dont know about your auction, but I always tell the buyer to pay return shipping and the fee is not refundable. Once you have the iPhone, make sure the serial number match the one you gave him. I have a dude that swap iPhone on me.

I used to be a seller at eBay, buyer always win at Paypal. Thats why I stop using eBay.

17. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

yea i think that i have to do that

18. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

I had this exact problem when I sold my 3GS. Be proactive and call PayPal. Tell them the situation and tell them that the buyer has been using the phone for over 2 weeks now. They may rule in your favor right then and cancel the case. The buyer should have never activated it. Make sure you get him to say in the case notes that he has been using the phone. I was on the phone with PayPal for about 5 minutes and as soon as the rep saw that the buyer was using the phone she immediately closed the case and ruled in my favor.

19. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

But he open on ebay ? Call paypal or not ?

20. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

They're all under the same company. If he opened a case on eBay, it should be under PayPal as well. Look for a contact us or customer service link on PayPal to find their number. What you or the buyer say in the case notes is important. They use that as evidence.

21. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

Thanks i will call and say the he used about two weeks

22. slrml617 macrumors member

+1 on this,

and also transfer all your money to your bank account right away.
    I might be wrong, but I heard there is nothing Paypal can do, if there is no balance in you account.

23. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

my paypal account only has about 70$ dollars the buyer send me a messages that he don't want to waste he's time talking about the reasons

24. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

PayPal will get their money; either out of a linked bank account or a linked credit card.

25. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

No, they won't. They can't take money out of your account without authorization. They'll make your PayPal account negative and the next time you use it, it'll charge you the amount plus the negative balance if you don't get it taken care of.