Ebay sucks, again.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by spork183, Jul 3, 2008.

1. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Just went to bid on Ebay. Been a member since 1998. Got the following notice:
    I have no open bids currently. My eBay account balance is 0. I have bought 1 item in the last month. I have no items currently up for bid and haven't sold anything for a few months (the nickel and dime you to death fees have soured me on selling).

So, why give me the whole "to much activity" thing to force me to link my PayPal or my bank account? Anyone else running into this crap?

2. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

Calm the beans big cheese.

It's not directed at YOU. It's a general announcement to members of eBay.

3. The Past macrumors 6502

I agree with OP that this can be an issue. Look what they have done with Skype. They know how to pick something and ruin it. Wish they stayed with what they are good at.

4. idyll macrumors 6502

I think eBay is definitely turning for the worst as of late... Aren't they also going to require you wait like a month for the funds to become available to you if you sell an item and have less than 50 feedback or something like that?

5. gmecca2 macrumors regular

I just sold a PS3 the other day and the funds were immediately available for withdrawal. I have 16 sales on the site. No problems here.

The fees are ridiculous for small items. The time and fees involved to sell a $20 item just aren't worth it.

6. spork183 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spork183

Correct, so instead of saying, "We want to verify everyone's crap", we get, "To ensure that eBay remains a safe marketplace, we limit the amount of items that can be bought or sold by a single account at one time."

7. furious macrumors 65816

furious

I sold my 360 on there last week. Now the guy wants to negotiate the price further. Mean while when he doesn't pay I am left with paying the fees. Not fair. :mad:

8. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

Well, at least you can usually get cheap bargains, from my experiences.

9. idyll macrumors 6502

You can do a "Report unpaid item" and just select that you and the buyer did not complete the transaction. This way no fees will be charged.

10. furious macrumors 65816

furious

they still wasted my time. It could have sold by now and I would have the money :mad:

11. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Well, as much as I detest eBay and PayPal that isn't their fault.

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Amen. My ebay account got hacked and it scared me half to death with what I have put on there.....I cancelled it completely

Will sell of Amazon and other sites