eBay - Typical Time after sale to get paid

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iriejedi, Nov 4, 2008.

1. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

I'm relatively new as a seller to ebay. SO far it has been a good experience but recently I sold an item 10/31 and have not been paid yet.

I've contacted the seller with both an invoice and a note, but no reply. I'd like to think the best of people and assume they are on vacation, etc... I'm hesitant to report them (in a few more days) as I do not want to have my reputation damaged with a revenge post.

Given business days today is really day 2 or 2.5, I'm curious but not worried yet.... I was wondering what is a typical time you have had to wait before you got paid when you sell on ebay.

Buyer has a 94% positive rating.

Thank you.
    IJ

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I usually wait seven days before sending a reminder message, maybe another final one at ten days... then at about fourteen days to make an unpaid item claim and then relist afterwards.

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

People took the time to bid, they can damn well take a second to pay.

7 days go by, its an automatic "unpaid item reminder" from me, because i wont get my money back for the listing until after the unpaid dispute is closed, and you cant close it until 8 days after you start the unpaid dispute...

so in total almost 2 weeks go by, no money, and no way to make sure you can sell it without screwing someone.

if someone doesnt pay or talk to me after 3 days, I assume they are probably not too keen on making this transaction painless.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

On four sales, I was paid instantly on all but one. The one was paid early that Monday when I reminded the person that I wanted to ship it out as early as possible Monday morning.