eBay update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TranceNW, Jun 5, 2009.

1. TranceNW macrumors regular

Hi Guys

Just had an update for the eBay app and the release notes say "Improved compatibility for future iPhone software"

Just thought I'd let you know. I can't attach a screenshot as I'm on my phone but hopefully someone else might do it. If not will do it tonight when I'm
    home.

2. spookme macrumors member

I guess its going to happen that apps start to come through with updates ready for 3.0

Attached Files:

3. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

yes, i imagine this will become pretty common over the coming weeks. this is very similar to the android cupcake transition where you will start seeing apps for "3.0 only" or "3.0 required".

4. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

I doubt we'll see THAT many apps suddenly being updated for the sole purpose of adding 3.0 compatibility. Most were already compatible to begin with; out of 63 apps, this eBay app was the ONLY one I had trouble with on 3.0.

Having said that, anything is possible, I suppose. After all, the eBay app worked fine on 3.0 betas in the beginning; it was either beta 4 or beta 5 that screwed it up (don't remember which). It's possible there will be more of that in the near future ... But I still doubt we're going to see a huge influx of updates just for 3.0.