Ebay

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Why is it so BLOODY SLOW ( more so under Tiger IMO ) on Safari - my main browser, and what can I do about it?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
MacTruck said:
Use firefox.
I don't want ( and don't think I should have to ) use another browser I'm unfamiliar with and have no saved site ---- just to use Ebay - why is it so slooooow

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
Ebay is down a lot more than it used to be. It was down for hours when one my high dollar auctions ended, which really pissed me off. The next morning I looked to see if the site was up yet and found that they extended my auction another day, without a single comment or email to explain why.

I had to answer 10 emails myself, from bidders wondering why the auction end date had changed. It looked fishy to them since my item sold for over $3K. Ebay's site is full of glitches and slow downs. Stupid ebay. Glad I don't rely on them as a primary source of income anymore.

And don't even get me started about the flood of Nigerian scammers that ebay doesn't give a rat's asss about.

kyuuki

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
Nigerian? Scammers?? Ebay doesnt give a rats ass???

do i hear an interesting story?

*kyuuki sits back and gets confortable

do continue...............

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
How do you turn Javascript on / off - and how will that affect other things??

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
kyuuki said:
Nigerian? Scammers?? Ebay doesnt give a rats ass???

do i hear an interesting story?

*kyuuki sits back and gets confortable

do continue...............
Try to sell a cell phone on ebay and specify that you will ship world wide, you'll soon know what I'm talking about.

Join the resistance.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm done.