Ebay?

DylanC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
What do you guys think about buying Macs off of ebay? obviously i would buy from someone with 99%-100% good feedback. because i think this is the only way ill be able to get a Pro in my pricerange.

Ty:apple:

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
There are significant risks to eBay. Macs and Mac notebooks are scam magnets because they are so desirable. 100% feedback is no assurance that the account is not hijacked, or hasn't been built up to 100% with shills.

Any significant discounts on new or near new Macs are almost always scams.

If you have to ask here, then you are probably not ready.

I would advise a new purchaser to look at the Apple refurb store first.

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Use your intuition, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Just relying on 99 - 100% feedback isn't full proof. Read the feedback, see what the items were, were they all 99¢ and your now contemplating buying a several hundred dollar item.. etc..

DylanC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
There are significant risks to eBay. Macs and Mac notebooks are scam magnets because they are so desirable. 100% feedback is no assurance that the account is not hijacked, or hasn't been built up to 100% with shills.

Any significant discounts on new or near new Macs are almost always scams.

If you have to ask here, then you are probably not ready.

I would advise a new purchaser to look at the Apple refurb store first.
Yeah, i think i am going to do it anyway im just going to have to be sure to be EXTRA careful. if it does end up being a scam i can get my money back.