Ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stuart21, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Stuart21 macrumors member

I sold my iphone 4 on ebay and I was wondering if ya'll think I should pop my sim out or not even worry about it. As long as the person doesnt know my phone number they cant activate it correct? The person who bought the phone lives in Australia and I dont understand how they will be able to use it since it's locked to ATT but i have recieved the money thru paypal and have seller's insurance through paypal. Should I activate it for them then pop my sim out and send it to them?

Thanks

2. JokerD macrumors member

You should activate it so it get's past the emergency call only screen. They will have to JB and unlock to use it, but by activating you won't have to worry about there being a "hacktivation".
    Activate it, then take out your sim. You'll need a sim adapter since activating will disable your current sim and you'll need to use your microsim in your current phone (assuming your current phone doesn't use microsim)

3. JokerD macrumors member

Also, they would need the #, billing zip and last 4 of ssn to activate, but say they were able to do all that. If they had your sim, you could have one hefty phone bill on your hand. Activate and remove sim.

4. Stuart21 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guy appreciate it. I have my own Iphone 4 could take the microsim out of that one and plug into the one im selling to avoid activating the microsim card so I dont have to rig my grandaddy's phone to use a microsim card.