eBayers are limited to selling one iPad 2 per week!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jp700p, Mar 11, 2011.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

"With the announced release of the Apple iPad 2, guidelines are now in place to help meet buyer demand for this highly-anticipated device, while also promoting eBay sellers who deliver excellent customer service.

Apple iPad 2 sales
    Most sellers will be allowed to list an Apple iPad 2; however, sellers will be limited on the number of items they can list per week.

* Apple authorized resellers will be allowed to list up to 50 items per week.
    * eBay Top-rated sellers will be allowed to list up to 4 items per week.
    * All sellers meeting minimum performance standards will be allowed to list 1 item per week.

Note: Sellers not meeting minimum performance standards will not be allowed to list the Apple iPad 2 during this release period

As always, any selling activity that appears to mislead buyers regarding the authenticity of the item may result in limitations to selling activity, including account suspension."

Source: http://announcements.ebay.com/2011/03/listing-policy-clarification-apple-ipad-2/

2. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Good idea, stops the conn-men taking innocent peoples cash, and causing them a world of problems. As an active ebayer this seems very sensible to me.

3. ozred macrumors 6502

Wow the Apple Cops Are Everywhere.

Wonder when they'll break out the warrants?

4. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

What about the free market?

5. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Yeah, this is really all Apple. What a joke! Why can't someone sell as many as they want? Do they limit any other product?

Since it will be available in many markets, it probably won't be as big a seller as last year. However, if the market allows, why not let people take advantage of it? And no, I have no plans to sell any iPad 2s.

6. stroked Suspended

stroked

7. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

8. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Another reason to setup multiple eBay accounts.

9. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Craigslist > eBay

or flip it outside the Apple store

10. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Ebay and PayPal are one in the same and it doesn't surprise me that they come up with some stupid crap like this. I have serious doubts if this ruling would even hold up in court if a lawsuit was filed again fleabay. Ebay is history folks - it enjoyed its hey dey in the middle to late 90's. Amazon is so much more classy for selling things.

11. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

12. omyard macrumors regular

13. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

ebay never has been a free market. PayPal froze my account for six months because they thought I was acting suspiciously. I had to prove to them that everything which I sold through ebay I actually owned. Which of course I did.

Lesson - never leave any big sum of money in a paypal account, learnt the hard way. eBay is NOT a free market and could not careless about the sellers. The people who make the whole system work. I hate it but its the only place customers go. And you have to be where customers are going or you wont sell a thing.

Rant on eBay over.

14. chilly willy macrumors regular

chilly willy

If someone wants to pay $500 extra for an iPad2, why stop them. The folks selling on ebay do so b/c some are willing to pay whatever they must to have the gadget NOW instead of waiting a week or two. Free market imho, and silly to police this.